View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
raccoon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-03-2006, 12:30 PM

Eye problem query in young pup (prominent veins on white of eye)

Hi there. Wondered if anyone could help me. I have a young Dachshund puppy that I have just noticed, may have an eye problem. When I lift one of her eyelids, there are two prominent red veins that run vertically on the white of the eye. Has anyone ever seen this before, I am led to believe it may just be a cold in the eye (???). I took her to the vet and he said that it may have been caused by some sort of knock, so the reaction was the veins. He has given her a steroid jab and some steroidal eye drops to take for a week, see how she goes. Many thanks in advance.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 01:12 PM
It may be something or nothing, you did the right thing to ask the vet and I would wait for the next visit. In a pup prominent veins may be nothing at all if the eye is clean and clear I would not worry too much as yet.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Hi Raccoon puppies can be so clumsy, it is quite easy no bang an eye during play and you were wise to get it checked by the vet. If there is any swelling or inflammation in the eye the steroid treatment should reduce it and you may find the veins disappear with the treatment , see how it goes....I hope we get to see pictures of your puppy soon
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 01:56 PM
agree with the others get the vet to see just to ease your mind.....x