Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
i have decided just to get India done .......I am not being ripped off i will look into other methods..any links would be great

Could Christine on here not help you Inca cos she is really clued up about things like this isn't she?
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
it was really India that i rang up for ..the older girls are way out of date but thought well get them all done ...India is out of date by 6 months and starts agilty this week
YES A CAVALIER DOING FLYBALL AS WELL ...........lol

think in will look down another route

oooo just read that bit - how cool! Theres quite a few cav's in agility but not seen one at flyball yet xx
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Hiya I, its totally unecessary to start all over again. The manu`s themselves now say that they only need doing every 3yrs. Tell me what vax they`ve been done with & I`ll post the links for you to read yourself. Youll find all the info in their vax books so put the name of it, date last done & all the initials that`ll be something like dpphi
AxlAndChaos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I don't have Benji boostered - he had his puppy vaccinations and that is all he is having.
sorry for sticking in, just wondered is it ok for dogs not to get a yearly booster? Whats the risks if they don't get them? and whats the 3 yearly booster? is that opposed to the yearly, or aswell as?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 11:55 AM
This is a really interesting thread!
We have always had our 'boostered' and have been a couple of months late before, but I've never heard of restarting with puppy vacs!
We asked our vet this time about having a blood test done but they said to just get them vaccinated. Not heard of the 3 year thing before, is that all manufacturer's Christine?
Having said all that, i know that there have been a few (fatal) cases of parvo in the norht west recently...so better safe than sorry? I don't know where i stand on the vaccination question, but I would hate myself so much if my dogs died an awful death ( or any death in fact) that I know i could have prevented with a jab...tough one...
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-03-2006, 12:25 PM
*Not heard of the 3 year thing before, is that all manufacturer's *

Most of them

Intervet is probably the most popular & theirs is only needed every 3 years fo parvo distemper & adno.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by AxlAndChaos
sorry for sticking in, just wondered is it ok for dogs not to get a yearly booster? Whats the risks if they don't get them? and whats the 3 yearly booster? is that opposed to the yearly, or aswell as?

I'm not really sure of the risks to be perfectly honest but I honestly can't see why dogs that usually only live to 15 years have to have sooo many vaccinations and humans don't and from experience we have never had a dog with any diseases contacted through not vaccinating. My sister has four dogs and these are never vaccinated either and they haven't been to the vets for years - if ever. They are 10 years old now too. We had a dog live till she was 16 and she never went to the vets either except to be speyed and once when she caught kennel cough from another dog that had been in kennels.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 01:00 PM
According to my own vets, the 3yearly business with their company means I only have to have boosters for Lepto and KCough inbetween the 3rd year which would then be the booster with all of them in?

I have recently let Georgie's booster lapse, and I'm about 2 weeks late because I'm in the process of deciding whether or not to get him done as he's 6yrs. old now, and I won't be having Cassie done again anyway as she is 10. It's a dilema for me at the moment after reading this coz I don't want it to lapse totally and have to start again, coz I just wouldn't do that I don't think
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 01:11 PM
ok spoke to vet again he said the only thing they can do is a blood test to find out whats needed thats a whopping £79 ........have no choice but to take India tonight as she can't start her training.feeling rather ripped off
would love some info christine so i can take it along with me tonight
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Same here, if you lapse more than 2 months from when booster due, we have to start again! I didn't have Sweep's done last time, although I had to relent before as if they go into Kennels they have to be 'up to date' So goodness knows what we will do with him if we go on Holiday
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »