View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-01-2009, 12:41 PM

Alfie, 4-5 year old Bull Mastiff x Staffie needs home!

Alfie is an approx 4-5 year old Bull Mastiff x Staffie. He is intelligent and need occupation! He currently plays at being a lumberjack grabbing lower branches of trees..but with an interesting walk we can do better than that! He will release for treats and caught early enough he can be distracted. He is good with other dogs and likes to play around with Jess who is a bitch of similar size, breed and age. He would suit a strong handler. No cats and no live-in children as he would knock them over.

Alfie has been neutered; wormed and defleaed. Alfie bless was picked up stray walking along in the sunshine. He has no marks on him and seems to have been cared for in the past. He doesn't show any fear assoc. with people and in many ways a super dog who just needs a chance.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-03-2009, 10:03 PM
A couple of updates on Alfie:

“Walked Alfie again today, a pleasure. In fact we went for a jog - at first he pulled a lot but settled to nice pace. I offered him treats which he refused but after my cup of tea he accepted treats from me for the first time. He waited patiently watching me pay. |A large traffic cone was treated like a tree branch and told what for! He didn't get a grip though and left it nicely after lunging at it. Same on the way back.Such a lovely boy - he grows on me each time I see him. Those lovely eyes, so honest and steadfast. Couldn't get him to pose for the camera but here are some at the cafe”.

And an update from the kennels:

"Oh Alfie!

When driving to lunch I passed Alison enroute back from her jog. Alfie was trotting slightly ahead of her at a very steady and gentle pace. Could he be someones jogging companion? I think so! He seemed to be totally at ease with the idea and was thoroughly enjoying himself.

It must be Alfie's lucky day soon! He has been with us a long time now and he is living his life away in a kennel. He is no Spring chicken, but he has got so much love to give and it is truely heartbreaking to see him day in, day out sitting in a kennel and his life slowly wasting. Don't get me wrong, I love looking after Alfie, but he worth so much more than the life he has at the moment... "
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:38 PM
I was really looking forward to meeting Alfie last Saturday and he didn't disappoint me. Despite his size he is a very gentle dog. I gave him some some treats from the palm of my hand and he gently waffled them up with the merest of touches. This guy truly deserves to have his time in a home with some serious loving. That time can't come soon enough - would love to see him out of kennels. Here are his photos ... a very special dog:

Holly doing a little flirting with Alfie, he was playing hard to get!

[url=http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/489338/alfie3.jpg][/url
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-05-2009, 08:37 PM
I met Alfie a couple of weeks ago and he touched my heart. Here are a few more photos taken on the day we met. He is Staffie Rescue’s "Dog of the Month" and all his recent photos are on the gallery on the website. I'm hoping someone else falls for him soon.

Oh, so very gently taking treats ...

leigh-irwin
New Member!
Male 

05-05-2009, 04:30 PM
hi i have been looking for a companion for my two year old staffie for a while would alfie be able to live with other dogs and especially cats as we currently have two of them
leigh-irwin
New Member!
Male 

05-05-2009, 04:35 PM
sorry just read his stats again regarding cats, is he vicious towards them
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-05-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Alfie is not a cat lover and we wouldn't home him with one or two.

But thank you for your interest - he is a lovely dog. We just need to find the right home for him.
leigh-irwin
New Member!
Male 

06-05-2009, 08:54 AM
thats such a shame i hope home he finds a good home very soon he looks like a lovely dog
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Aw he looks gorgeous, I really hope he gets a forever home, he's a real sweetie.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

31-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Alfie has a special place in my heart, so there was no way I could visit the kennels yesterday and not take him out for a walk!

Steve (JJ's fosterer before he was homed) and his friend came to help Lynne and I walk some dogs. So we took out Charlie, Alfie & Murphy together.

Alfie is easy to walk and so laid back. Not bothered by the other dogs at all and just taking it all in his stride. Both Steve & his friend were truly smitten by Alfie and enjoyed taking turns walking him ... with the exception that they bickered over who walked him I just knew their heart strings would be twanged

You could see that Alfie enjoyed his walk today as he had a massive smile on his face when he chilled on the cool grass with us when we got back.

A very special boy ... we just need to find that very special person!

He is still looking for a foster home or forever home.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >