Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 09:41 PM

Sounds hard hearted but I'm going

... to an Open show tomorrow.
I am still numb after losing Polo so suddenly, Deccy is still clingy and anxious to please, but I have decided to go to an Open tomorrow to give us both a day out. It's the most friendly show in a lovely venue in Galway.
We may do nothing but as I am now out of work, my opportunities to go to shows are rapidly disapppearing.
I hope Polo doesn't mind. He used to come with us and sit in the car while we were in the ring, then we'd go for a walk before heading home. I am sure he will be encouraging Deccy from the Bridge.
If I change my mind on the way, I can always turn back....
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2007, 09:45 PM
You're not being hard hearted. You and Deccy go and enjoy your day. Polo (bless him) will be there watching over you both and wanting you to be happy.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-05-2007, 09:47 PM
polo is still going to be there with you.
allow yourself to enjoy the day,good luck!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 09:49 PM
I know its going to be dfficult for you, but I don't think anyone could consider you hardhearted. I went to a show (just to watch and get out of the house) the day after I lost Alfies dad, I sobbed my heart out all day and people were lovely to me, but you have to face everyone one day and its far better to get it over and done with and be with people that share an interest with you and care about how you're feeling.

No doubt it will be hard but it will be so much easier the next time.

After I got made redundant all those years ago I continued to show but can no longer afford to do so, I would get out and about while you can, I'm sure your luck will change (it's about time something good happened to you), and you'll get another job, but make sure you take every opportunity while you can

Hope you do well.

Sheree x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Don't feel hard hearted Gill...

You still have Deccy to think of and yourself. You two are what matters most now and Polo is probably having such a good time at the Bridge that he couldn't care less anyway!!

Go for it, enjoy your day, and don't feel guilty for being there. If there's anything you've learnt from Polo's passing, it should be that you grab every minute you can with them and make the most of it.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Thanks everyone - I can feel myself filling up again
This show last year was Deccy's first Group win and he also got his final Junior Diploma point, so it will always be a bit special. There will be lots of people there that I know, including a lovely couple who know about Polo.

I'll report back as usual......
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-05-2007, 10:00 PM
filling up shows you that your human......... go for it and enjoy.
polo will be rooting for you both just like us.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Lottie said it all Gill Polo will be so happy and would want you and Deccy to be happy to so go to the show and though it will be hard try to put it out of your mind for a little while and you and Deccy enjoy it and good luck to you both. Look forward to hearing how your day goes. Chin up . Will be thinking of you. Eunice
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-05-2007, 11:30 PM
I am sure he will be there with you. You need to go there, it will give you a break from all the dreadful things that have happened to you over the last 2 weeks.
Hope things turn a corner for you soon. Best of luck.
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2007, 11:50 PM
i know you are not hard hearted but with no income as such coming in (or a reduced sum) wouldnt it be best to stay home and conserve what you have, i tend to always think on the practical side and try to think ahead..

You could always go for a walk with the dogs i find that better than any show enviroment to walk them free on the beach (in my case)...

Just trying to think of you and in saving the pennies showing isnt all that at times...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >