Female 

24-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Well iv done it so just have to wait & see what happens lol

Big thanks to all
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2006, 07:26 PM
I might do that too as I get loadsa calls - all just as you're about to eat!

Just off the phone now from a guy selling personal insurance from the Kennel Club?!

He was nice though - I just laughed at him and told he shoud've been a car salesman but he said he cant drive!! Usually they all sound really bored. So in the end I told him no thankyou - he took it ok I think!!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 08:54 PM
when i used to work for zenith windows (for one day), we phoned loads of people who were x directory. why? cos all they did was randomly print out numbers, some didnt work, and most did. So u just rang through sheets and sheets of numbers all day that were just randomly printed. So dont know what would work other than not accepting anon calls
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Register with the TPS - telephone preference service - it stops all the nuisance calls - think it takes about 28 days but it does work - I never get those sort of calls now thank goodness - and its free too.

That's right, if you still get the calls, just say you are registered with TPS they soon end the calls and don't phone back again as you can report them.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
That's right, if you still get the calls, just say you are registered with TPS they soon end the calls and don't phone back again as you can report them.
The minute you mention TPS they cant get off the phone quick enough I registered a few months ago and hardly get any calls now. Any I do get I ask how they got this number as I am registered with TPS they usually apologise then hang up quickly.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 11:54 PM
I just tell them I'm unemployed! They're usually mortified and can't get off the phone quick enough!

Will look into the TPS thing though, might be more effective in the long run!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Register with the TPS - telephone preference service - it stops all the nuisance calls - think it takes about 28 days but it does work - I never get those sort of calls now thank goodness - and its free too.
Me too Foxy - they're brilliant...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2