Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by katilea View Post

He doesn't have to be KC registered as I won't be 'showing' him, but I mean proper Border collie as opposed to collie crossbreed. .. preferably the traditional black & white medium/long coated BC.

I've contacted one breeder so far still waiting for a reply the mother of the pup is an obedience champion and obedience is kind of important to train a dog to level of an assistance dog. If I've had no reply by end of week I'll try someone else. I'd hope to have one by Jan/feb at latest. I was hoping Inca could retire before she reached 13. (March 2014)
You have no way of knowing if an unregistered puppy is from health tested parents

Just because a dog is an Obedience Champion doesn't mean that it is Obedience all the time & a lot of a dogs success in Obedience is down to the handler's ability to train the dog. I have a friend who has an Obedience Champion dog & his brother is also an OB Ch as was his father-unfortunately at least 2 puppies from the litter had epilepsy & had to be PTS. A lot of successful Obedience dogs that are bred from have had no health tests done at all

All Border Collies should be from health tested parents & the minimum health tests should be hips & eyes(clinical)& CEA(CH)/TNS/CL DNA
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3