Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 05:24 PM

Got Kyiro and Lily Home But.....

Poor kyiro can barely walk.
The kennels have done a fantrastic job of keeping his foot dry and clean and giving him his antibiotics and when we left there this morning he had his check up at the vets and she said it is looking good and starting to heal nicely. But he is really limping badly on it now, in fact he doesn't want to get up and walk at all and really struggles to the garden for a wee.
The vet said it might still be because there is still a sore bit inside to heal, but I am not convinced. He was hardly limping after the the surgery to remove the glass and is far worse now..
He is going back into kennels with Lily on Friday till Monday as we are bound to have lots more fireworks then. The vet said if he is still limping badly and uncomfortable then to take him back in and they will have to open his pad right up again and see if there is still something there.
I gave him a Tramadol earlier but that hasn't helped him at all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Poor Kyiro I hope he heals soon he really has been in the wars.
Such a worry for you Bev. (((Hugs))).
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Hope he gets better soon, nothing worse than seeing them upset
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I hope Kyiro's foot heals without having to be opened up again, poor boy.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Oh Bev, I'm so sorry to be reading this Didn't this happen last time and you had to go back for the vet to dig into it again?? Oh I do hope that isn't the case again I feel for you Bev I really do, I have no magic remedy for you I'm afraid.

Can you get to it, or is it bandaged up tightly? I think if it is you really need to go back again tomorrow for him to check it again. If you can get to it, it might be a good idea to get the magnifying glass out on it and see if there's something he just picked up off the floor in the vets or something stupid? I really don't know Lynn, so have some (((((((((((hugs)))))))))).xxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Poor Kyiro - I do hope his paw gets better very quickly. Please give him a gentle cuddle from me.

(((hugs)))
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh heck, poor Kyiro. The only thing I can say is that Jimmi goes through a really sore period when his paw is bad, but after a day or so it gets better.

I do hope that he doesn't have to have it opened up and probed.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Just managed to get him to hobble out to the garden and some moron let off a load of really loud fireworks. Poor Kyiro shot in on 3 legs and is now panting and shaking up the corner. I will give it a little while and then try and get the poor lad back out there again.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Oh I feel so angry and upset on your behalf...........when oh when are "they" going to restrict fireworks to one night only? I can remember the total frustration and impotent rage when this sort of thing happened with our previous, bang phobic, dogs.

Poor boy, he didn't need that on top of everything else.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
poor doggy and poor you. i know how horrible it is when you cant seam to do anything to help them
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >