Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2012, 11:38 AM

Cesar Milan Coming to Ipswich :(

Not what I wanted to see when I opened up yesterdays newspaper, but Cesar Milan is going to be doing some shows in my town in April next year. - And they are going to be using members of the publics dogs.

Now most of you will know, I'm not a fan of Cesar Milan full stop. I can't stand anything about the man, especially his methods with some of the dogs he works with. Still, I accept he does well for promoting shelter dogs, and encouraging people to neuter their pets. (he does have some uses.) On the contrary, I could never actually support anybody who thinks its ok to use electric shock collars and to kick and choke dogs into "calm submission" I think its pretty barbaric actually.

My main problem with him coming to Ipswich is the poor dogs which will be used. They are calling for people with dogs with people problems, and fear issues to come forward and have their dog trained on stage by Cesar. But the fear that those poor dogs will be under with the spotlight on them, a strange man pulling them about and a crowd of 1000+ people sitting and watching will be phenominal. I don't see if he really feels he needs to do a world tour, why he could not just have a big screen behind him and let him waffle on about whats going on, what gives him the right to put dogs into that situation.

I certainly will not be attending, I have wrote up my letters to send into the theatre in question, and to my local newspaper who are looking for peoples views. Sadly most of the seats have already sold out, so people will go and watch him and no doubt the show will continue.

I would just like to know if we can have Cesar Milan, Why can't we have Jean Donaldson, or Dr Ian Dunblar, Bruce Fogle. The list is endless. Why do we need/want Cesar Milan!? The guy who has his face on more merchandise than Santa Claus?

He isn't getting anywhere near my dogs! Joy for when i meet all the people in the park who are copycatting his methods of tsssst. Your dogs jumping up - thats dominance. I'm the pack leader of my dogs. *sigh*

I just had to share my anger with people who can hopefully understand how i feel

Also for those of you that have not watched it, check out Alan Titchmarshes interview he had recently with Cesar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97lwtUkXjwQ
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Its close to me too but I won't be attending.
Whatever he does on stage I would be wondering what cruelty he had inflicted on the dogs behind the scenes.
I just hope if he is cruel to anyones dog there they will stand up to him and stop him and report him for cruelty, I also hope the RSPCA will be watching him closely.
My dogs will be going nowhere near the vile man.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2012, 12:12 PM
I understand you frustration but sadly like you say it sounds like it will go ahead and plenty of people are out there that are prepared to think his methods are right.
Parkers
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2012, 12:36 PM

I just hope the poor dogs will be alright. Even if it is a good dog trainer, no way would I let any of my dogs go in front of thousand of people, under a spotlight and so much going on - I don't think they would cope.

Maybe Cesear knows this and will think the dogs' fear to his advantage.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Only about 20 mins from me and I def wont be going
Azz
Administrator
Male 

01-11-2012, 04:10 PM
I wonder if there will be any protests - not suggesting anything of course
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I wonder if there will be any protests - not suggesting anything of course
My sentiments exactly
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2012, 09:35 AM
He is coming to Bournemouth, my home town, unfortunately

He can't do too much. He knows very well that he is likely to breach the Animal Welfare Act if he tries to choke or hurt dogs too much physically ... dog trainers have been prosecuted under this act before. He knows he has to be careful.

Which makes it all the more sickening really, doesn't it? I mean, him knowing his normal extreme methods are outside our crueltylaws as they are considered abusive and cruel etc. Yet elsewhere he would continue...

If anyone hears or knows of him doing anything extreme in his show, get in touch with the RSPCA as they will be the ones doing the prosecution.

Wys
x
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2012, 09:43 AM
He's coming to Notts too.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Poor dogs

Worst stupid owners allowing him to use their dogs.

Personally I wouldn't allow him anywhere near mine I literally can not stand the man
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >