View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 07:05 AM
My cousin had the endoscope thingy, I took him, he was given some sort of tranquilizer. He wouldn't have been allowed to drive. I stayed with him that night just to make sure he didn't have a fall (he lives on his own).
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2012, 08:55 AM
I'v had 2 angiograms both done in the wrist followed by 2 angioplasties one in the wrist, one in the groan.I prefered the one in the wrist it was less restrictive then the groan one you have to keep your leg still and lie flat for upto 2 hours with that one, i'v been told it depends who does it. to what you get. They were not painful just abit uncomfortable and most of the time i didn't feel a thing. If you want some valiam to calm you down just ask as you arrive to give it time to take effect. I think its important to tell them if you are very nervous or frightened.
At my first one i was asked what music i liked because they took requests and had alot of different cds. A nurse held my hand and talked to me most of the time.
At one point i asked if they could change the channel on the Xray machine because it was a repeat and i'd already seen it .
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Thankyou everyone, I really appreciate hearing your experiences.
I had a phone call today from the hospital giving me an appointment next Friday at 8.30am for the angiogram,(apparently the consultant wants me in urgently she said) so I am going to have to get the day off work, which won't go down well as I was off today, after the tablets they gave me at the hospital yesterday, made me so ill I could barely stand. I am not taking anymore of them.
Someone is going to phone me beforehand and go through everything with me. But after she said I couldn't go to work for 24 - 48hrs afterwards, because my job is very physical, I thought a Friday would be a good day as I then have the weekend to recover fully.
I forgot to ask her if she can arrange me transport home though, as I won't be allowed to drive or get a bus, so hopefully if I get to speak to this other person next week I won't be too late to arrange something.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Bev, I am sorry that I have no experience of anything you're asking but I like to read your updates and hope that overall they will sort you out or at least make life easier for you.

One thing that seems obvious is that if those tablets made you feel bad then no way should you continue taking them. I think you've already come to that decision but just wanted emphasize that very important point.

Good luck with next weeks appointment.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2