Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
It's my ex.
He keeps texting/emailing even though I have said leave me alone.
They are NASTY things in the messages. I am not replying to any of them, yet he still sends me then, telling me to leave him alone!

You cant block txts, and it's hard not to 'read' them when they show up on the homescreen of my phone whenever I get one.
I have made it so his emails go straight to deleted box.
I can't phone o2 until tomorrow as they are closed, but apparently they won't block his number anyway, so I will have to change mine.
My phone is switched off now as I am so distressed.
Why wont they block his number? Seems silly, if you have requested it.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Is he making any threats? If so, then involve the police.

If he is making threats then perhaps an injunction??

I wouldn't have thought it too difficult for a 'phone company to block a number where malicious calls/texts are involved. I'm also wondering if your email provider could issue a warning if you complained to them showing them examples of both the content and frequency of the mails coming in??
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 11:36 PM
It's my ex.
They are NASTY things in the messages. I am not replying to any of them, yet he still sends me then, telling me to leave him alone!

You cant block txts, and it's hard not to 'read' them when they show up on the homescreen of my phone whenever I get one.
I can't phone o2 until tomorrow as they are closed, but apparently they won't block his number anyway, so I will have to change mine.
This sounds horrible I'm not sure if they can do anything but I would personally contact the police if he still does not stop by tomorrow. Better to have it acknowledged and at least be on record if he continues with this. And perhaps hearing you have contacted the police will get him to shut up.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2012, 11:47 PM
It's my ex.

just done a quick google for you, as i'm unfamiliar with 02, but according to this link , you can block text messages. http://www.o2online.ie/o2/uploads/pd...It-Service.pdf

Description of Service and Charges
• The Block It Service is available to O2 customers only.
The Block It Service is provided by us to help you restrict the receipt of texts,
MMS and video messages sent to You by other individuals using a mobile or
landline service which You may consider to be potentially abusive or threatening
in some way.

• Please NOTE that the Block It Service cannot be used to restrict the receipt of
voice calls from any number. Please also NOTE that the Block It Service is not
designed for restricting the receipt of marketing and premium rate text messages
that are sent to you from five digit short code numbers.
• Please go to ********** ( I starred that out as it contains a forum) for more information on how to stop
these messages.
• The Block It Service can restrict text messages that are sent from standard
mobile and landline numbers and you can block up to a maximum of 100 specific
numbers at any one time.
• If you block a mobile or landline number using the Block It Service You will not be
able to send text, MMS and video messages to, or receive such messages from,
the blocked number.
• To start the Block It Service You need to text the words BLOCK IT START to
50216. To then block a specific mobile or landline number you need to text the
word BLOCK and the specific number you wish to have blocked to 50216.
• To unblock a number you should text the word UNBLOCK and the specific number
to be unblocked to 50216. To stop the O2 Block It Service You must text BLOCK
IT STOP to 50216. Please NOTE that this will unblock all numbers.
• The O2 Block it Service is free to O2 customers.

Hope this helps
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 06:40 AM
The advice given by bugzy seems to be just what you are looking for.

However, if you've got to the stage where you are keeping your phone switched off - seems to me there is no point in having one! It would surely be easier to just change your number.

I change mine every time I go back to the UK (just get a new sim and pop it in) they transfer all my numbers from the existing one and I just send a text out to all those I WANT to have my number. I can't keep the same one every visit because the expire if you don't use them for 30 days or so.

But it's no problem.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 06:54 AM
It's my ex.

Change your phone number, its free if you say you are getting nuisance calls. Change your email and delete the current account. I have done both of these thing. Easy and effective.

You can block individual numbers on mobiles too. Your phone will do that Im sure.

Never answer the calls, never respond to text or email.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Stalking is an offence now, and I think this would be considered that. I would take the phone round to the police station. If you`ve made a complaint they have to give a response so it`s all logged. They may send someone to have a word.
If you feel unsafe talk to Womens Aid or ask to speak to the Domestic Violence unit.
These things can escalate so it is important you do something. Bullies thrive on people trying to ignore them - they see it as weakness.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Thanks all.....as it was a Sunday night, there was nothing I could do....hence turning my phone off. It hadn't been off previously.

Phoned o2 at 8:30 this morning as planned and just had my number changed, so hopefully things will be stress free now.
I was just so upset yesterday, I didn't know what to do
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2