Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 07:48 PM

Feeling miserable :(

Some of you know that I have very poor mobility, I use a stick on a good day, 2 on a bad day and stay home on a very bad day.
Despite a hip and a knee replacement and two MRI scans I have been struggling to get to the bottom of it and to get a definitive diagnosis for sometime.
Yesterday I had a physio and OT assessment here at home.

All the tests and consultations have now lead to the diagnosis of there being nerve damage from the radiotherapy I had in 2001.
This is not now going to improve. I am having a splint made to support my foot and I must do exercises to keep my muscles strong.

I don't suppose you are very interested but it has helped me to talk it out so thanks for listening
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Awww Granny Nippy, Im sorry to hear you're feeling down. It must be awful for you. I truly do know how awful nerve pain is from having the GBS so my heart goes out to you. The one positive thing is that at least now you do know what the problem is. It may not be curable but hopefully they can stop it getting any worse. Massive hugs sent from me and special Granny kisses sent from Tilly and Gracie. xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Oh Jenny, love, of course we are interested.

What a horrible situation to be in.

I'm so sorry that you can't see a light at the end of the tunnel at the moment. Hopefully, that may change in the future.... I really hope so, for you..... xxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks so much Gerri, see I can't even be a proper Granny or great granny like this
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks Vicki, I really hope so.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Thanks so much Gerri, see I can't even be a proper Granny or great granny like this
Yes you can!!!

My grandkids love nothing more than sitting with me while I tell them a story or tell them how brilliant their drawings are. When they come to visit, we sit together and they write a diary of all we have done

I'm so very sorry that things are going badly at the moment for you, but please don't think that you're not an important part of your family because I'll betcha you are
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 08:24 PM
So sorry to hear about this. It is not what you can do that makes people love you-it is just you being there for them in my opinion.

My elderly Dad was 86 and a half when he died and towards the end he really couldn't do a lot and Mum had to care for him and wash him etc etc. Him just being there sitting in his chair and bestowing his lovely smile upon you is something I will always miss.

I hope you feel more positive soon and can do something practical to help alleviate any pain.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Oh Jenny I'm so sorry you're feeling down. I wish I could give you a massive hug. Have you tried alternative therapies like massage? It may be worth a try.
I hope you can get it sorted my love. Big hus to you Jenny....I really feel for you xxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 10:09 PM
So sorry your feeling so low hun.............sending our best to you and from the gang, I know its not alot but we's all luv's you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Azz
Administrator
Male 

13-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Aww Nippy *hug*, hope you feel better soon.

I won't nag you about going on my detox, as I know you'll only clip me around the ear
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >