Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 02:54 PM

Bilateral chondropathy patella

Does anyone suffer from the above? I'm after some advice about knee supports. I was diagnosed with this in January this year. Surgeon has said I need an OP but have to wait. I am given steroid injections in each knee until I can have the op.

Can anyone recommend knee supports for this condition?

Also any further info on this condition? Google does not throw up much on this. I also read on one site this is also called runners knee but I'm not too sure of that?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Can anyone help me?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-04-2012, 11:35 AM
I have been trying to find details of the hinged knee brace I wore on my left knee before I had a full leg caliper made [I was already wearing a full leg caliper on my right leg], but it was made here and I cannot find any details of it on the internet.

But - have a look at the knee braces here:

http://www.physioroom.com/catalog/Kn...aces/2034.html

as perhaps one of them will help. Not cheap, unfortunately, but the company is good to deal with as I have spine supports which I bought from them for when I need less support than my full spinal/neck brace.

Sorry that I cannot be of any more help.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 12:22 PM
I can tell you what it means but I take it you already know that, other than that can't be of any help
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I have been trying to find details of the hinged knee brace I wore on my left knee before I had a full leg caliper made [I was already wearing a full leg caliper on my right leg], but it was made here and I cannot find any details of it on the internet.

But - have a look at the knee braces here:

http://www.physioroom.com/catalog/Kn...aces/2034.html

as perhaps one of them will help. Not cheap, unfortunately, but the company is good to deal with as I have spine supports which I bought from them for when I need less support than my full spinal/neck brace.

Sorry that I cannot be of any more help.
Thanks Malka. I hadn't realised people had responded
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
I can tell you what it means but I take it you already know that, other than that can't be of any help
Tell me what you know about this condition please, as all I was told was I have misaligned knee caps that are wearing away the cartilage and I'll need an OP. That's all I know. Is the OP to replace the knee joints? I was told to no longer do any running, the doc words were you will destroy what little you have left of you knee joints.
luca12
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi - I had to have my knee rebuilt after a bad accident a few years ago and found some really useful information plus consultant recommendations etc on the knee geeks forum.
Might be worth a quick look to see if it helps at all.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-05-2012, 08:21 AM
no specific help but tuns granny had a knee replacement a few years back at 73 after having knackered knees for years (shes says she too old to have the other one done now and is on high dose ibuprofen every day) made a great recovery and felt like half a new girl
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-05-2012, 08:51 AM
As well as knee supports you could also look into going to see a podiatrist and having some orthotics made for inside your shoes. Sometimes they can really help you and take the adverse pressure/ movement off your knees when you're walking or running ( although I appreciate you've been told not to run )

I had a knee problem, albeit a different one, before I climbed Kilimanjaro and just having orthotics made all the difference. I genuinely don't think that I could have done the climb without them.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by luca12 View Post
Hi - I had to have my knee rebuilt after a bad accident a few years ago and found some really useful information plus consultant recommendations etc on the knee geeks forum.
Might be worth a quick look to see if it helps at all.
Thanks for recommending Knee geeks, I've been looking for a decent health forum where they have heard of this condition.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >