Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 11:14 AM

How do you deter someone

From getting a dog?

I dont want to go into details but the breed in question shouldn't IMO be in pet homes, the decision to get one will effect me so im not just being mean on this lol.

All the facts and information has been given about said breed and its made no difference, so what can i do?x
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 11:17 AM
What about details on the monetary side of things? Sometimes the thought of something costing a lot can put people off. Find out the "running costs" e.g. vaccinations, flea treatment, insurance good quality food, etc. plus the extra like a dog walker if owner can't provide enough exercise, behaviourist charges per hour if problems occur, etc.
Ultimately you can't force someone to change their mind, you can only present your view and hope for the best
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
From getting a dog?

I dont want to go into details but the breed in question shouldn't IMO be in pet homes, the decision to get one will effect me so im not just being mean on this lol.

All the facts and information has been given about said breed and its made no difference, so what can i do?x
Lend them a Border Terrier for an hour!! Guarantee you they wont want a dog then!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Lend them a Border Terrier for an hour!! Guarantee you they wont want a dog then!!
After looking after a border terrier for three weeks I would agree
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
After looking after a border terrier for three weeks I would agree
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 12:10 PM
They already have 2 dogs so therefor they know best
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-05-2011, 12:12 PM
What breed what breed ,, curious minds need to know..lol
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 12:14 PM
czech or sarloos x
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Someone I know was desperate for a GSD x Siberian Husky...she was convinced they were perfect for her.
First question I asked her was "do you like dogs who moult a lot?", she said no, but that she'd been told they don't moult at all! She was also told they ALL have blue eyes and they were ALL really easy to train and come back when called...I managed to dispel those myths and convince her against them as they'd be unsuitable for her...maybe try reasoning like that?
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Are they really preapaired for cleaning up the pea and poop the puppy will do every morning?

My pup is three months she goes about 3 times in the night and i clean this up in the morning mt other alternative would be to get up every two hours in the night and let her out but i dont want her to get accustomed to me being their through out the night.

Im not overly fussed over this since the floor is like a fake wood/tile so cleaning just requires mopping up with some kitchen towel if your floor is carpet you may have some issues. I am up at 6am every morning to get my puppy at 6 30am otherwise their would be many more puddles!

Have the individual wanting this breed considered the breeds energy levels and amount exercize it will need and are they fit enough to cope??

This person will need to work their life around the puppy for the first sith months will this happen??? Working a routine will make toilet training easier.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >