Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by greatbarnet View Post
Sorry I'm too stupid to work out how to send a PM.

I have my name down with Bernese Rescue for a male Bernese. It's definitely worth contacting them. Or also try Bernese Welfare http://bernesewelfare.btck.co.uk/

Both will have lists of people waiting to rehome, and they wouldn't turn away a Bernese-cross.

I may even be able offer a home to Digby, but I'd need a lot more information about him first of course.

Very, very sad.
You cannot pm me or me you as you have not made enough posts at this time. Not sure but I think you have to make 20 posts to use the facility.

She will know of the Bernese rescue and has the details for the Newfie rescue. I think if possible she would like to rehome personally and until she is pushed into doing it through the rescue that is the road she is hoping to take.

I can contact her for more information about Digby if you like what would you like to know and I will get the information then pass it on.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Oh heck I'd better start posting a few comments on other pages...!

Firstly I guess it's relevant what part of the country Digby is in - both his current owner and potential new owner may find things easier if they are geographically close-ish. I am in South Wales.

After that it's just a million things to check he'd fit in and be happy here - I already have two dogs (bitches) so, for example, is he more Newfie or Berner in personality (I have had both before)? What weight/size is he? Is he dominant or placid? What's he like with cats/chickens? Is he food/toy possessive? How is he with other dogs? When he plays how rough is he? Is he an escape artist? If he's entire I'd have to have him neutered the moment he arrived (I have a bitch who hasn't yet had her first season); would this be an issue? etc etc....

I'll try to get my post count up so we can PM each other if she wants to get in touch with me. Or you can at least email me now if you like (I've changed my preferences to allow this)

Thanks.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Phew, I've managed to get my post count up to 20 (though still can't see how to send a PM....)

I hope Habicka has found a wonderful new home. Any news on Digby?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Habicka went yesterday to someone Claire knows who is a relative not sure if it a son/daughter of someone not far from me who breeds Bernese. So she knows Habicka has gone to a very good home.

No news as yet about Digby.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks Lynn. Good news for Habicka, though still so so sad for poor Claire, I do feel for her.

I am potentially interested in Digby still. Trying to sort out my ability to PM, but please let her know I'm interested (see questions above!)

Many thanks.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2012, 06:44 AM
An update all turned out well.

Habicka went to someone Ollie's breeder knows and is very happy there. Digby has gone to someone who had one of the newfies then asked if she could take Digby too as she had the room. They are staying local.

She does have another 4 but has potential homes for them so is not stressing her out now. Well not so much.

Many thanks to all who helped.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Habicka went to someone Ollie's breeder knows and is very happy there. Digby has gone to someone who had one of the newfies then asked if she could take Digby too as she had the room.
Oh, I'm so glad that both have found good new homes and as they are local I expect Claire will be able to keep in touch with them which I'm sure she will be happy about. I just hope that Claire herself is able to find a new home, I steel feel angry about the 'ex' who forced her out.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2