Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Such fun this isn't it - I love it - thanks Becky!

As I said before it's more selfish as I wanted to motivate myself to do more and having a bit of a 'competition' even though it's not, has worked wonders for me.
I'm glad people are enjoying it though. I think we all (ourselves and the dogs) will get a lot out of it!
Becky
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
As I said before it's more selfish as I wanted to motivate myself to do more and having a bit of a 'competition' even though it's not, has worked wonders for me.
I'm glad people are enjoying it though. I think we all (ourselves and the dogs) will get a lot out of it!
Becky
For weeks I have been looking up tricks to teach the dogs for fun but haven't progressed so this is perfect for me too - very motivational and lovely to read how all the doglets are doing (must admit its also nice to know my Max isn't the only one not who just doesn't see the point!! )
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Woohoo, Day 3 Breakthrough.

Tip can now give his paw

I remembered that he quite often puts his paw up on me if he's wanting a cuddle. So after a couple of times of him trying to climb right into my lap, he got the message that his paw on my knee earned a treat. Then hand on knee for him to put the paw in, then hand held away from my knee.

By jove the lad has got it

not sure he's ready for paw/foot, high fives etc, but we'll see how he gets on.

Stumpy had a go at waving today, but still gets a bit mixed up about what the different words mean.

I think the concentration of Hoki and Stumpy though is only about 3 minutes
Dragan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:34 PM
update

day 2..
poppy has leared to wave with one paw..
tinks is still just giving one paw..
sky gives paw..other paw.. so quiet pleased with the progress
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Daisy has got the touch thing as long as I touch it first. More to do there. I`m not doing R & L as it doesn`t take a lot to confuse me. I`ll stick with Paw and Other Paw
Shamus can do Paw on the station platform. Now I have to teach him to do it in other places as I just tried it indoors and he looked at me like I`d gone mad.
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2009, 07:12 AM
Today we put the cue 'place' on putting any paw on the tray...

I put the tray in different places where I could still see Ben.. Called him in, and asked him 'place'... He would go to the target and put a foot on it...

And... just as I was writing this Ben comes in with something in his mouth... My keys, which I had left in the middle of the dining room table...

He got heaps of praise... I would never tell him off for bringing me anything of mine... He carried them so gently...
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 07:58 AM
By Jove I think she's got it! Well almost lol!
I tried the picking up of the paw but that just didn't seem to get through. Then I thought well maybe she's left pawed so it feels uncomfortable me doing the right. I then changed tack and put some treats in my hand and waited for her to put her paw on it. She picked it up very quickly from then although she is raking my hand with her paw
I am going to start to get her to distinguish between paw (right) and foot (left) today and hopefully get her to simply place the paw rather than rake!
Also did a bit of watch practice as well.
Hopefully on Sunday will get a small vid of her doing her paw tricks
Becky
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:00 AM
still not started...lol...
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
still not started...lol...
Get a grip woman - you've got a couple of hours this morning and you only need 5 minutes for each.

All that liver will be going off by now (or have they already eaten it )
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Lace and Cloud can already do Wave, so Ill try with COnnor today if I get time.

Be a good thing too, as he is doing a clicker training demo tomorrow night and is leading male dog. He really ought to be able to at least wave .

If anyone fances learning more about clicker training then feel free to pop along (without your dog) Friday night from 7pm till 9pm, at Canine Academy, Hill Farm Tollerton Lane, Tollerton, Nottingham, NG12 4GB.

Its an intro night for beginners, but also has a load of breeds of dogs doing some pretty groovy stuff, like skateboarding, hiding in boxes, locating a hidden dog, twirling, walking back, waving, speaking, chair movements, cone movements, etc etc. so lots of creative ideas for experinced clickerers too.
Page 9 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 >