Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 12:21 PM

Embarressing 80's

Anyone watch the prog last night Embarressing 80's - some of it did make me cringe, but I only watched up to number 10...........what was No:1?

Just listening to Go West, CD
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Oh I missed that Sweep Which Go West one is it that you are listening to?
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Oh I missed that Sweep Which Go West one is it that you are listening to?
Go West were on it.

CD is The best of Go West - 'Call me' playing at mo! Yeah something I know the words to.!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep
Go West were on it.

CD is The best of Go West - 'Call me' playing at mo! Yeah something I know the words to.!

Oh I don't remember that one - I remember 'We close our eyes' (that was Go West wasn't it? )

I used to love Spandau Ballet - I thought Tony Hadley was gorgeous :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 I loved that 'True' record that was no 1 - I think I was about 19 then
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 01:15 PM
No 1 was Michael Fish - 'there's no Hurracaine coming.....'

Others were Thatcher getting lost in the desert, The Crankies, Novelty records, men wearing make up, That liitle boy who was into antiques (who's now a lady!) can't remember any more
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady

Others were Thatcher getting lost in the desert, The Crankies, Novelty records, men wearing make up, That liitle boy who was into antiques (who's now a lady!) can't remember any more

Oh I remember that little lad - he was always a bit weird looking and had a mop of really curly blonde hair didn't he - I can't remember his name - not surprised he turned into a lady with that hair
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Oh I don't remember that one - I remember 'We close our eyes' (that was Go West wasn't it? )

I used to love Spandau Ballet - I thought Tony Hadley was gorgeous :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 I loved that 'True' record that was no 1 - I think I was about 19 then
Yep That was Go West.......just heard 'The King of wishful thinking' which was used in Pretty Woman film!

True, by Spandau was No:1 when I had my Daughter in '83
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep
Yep That was Go West.......just heard 'The King of wishful thinking' which was used in Pretty Woman film!

True, by Spandau was No:1 when I had my Daughter in '83

Oh I would have been nearly 20 then because I remember being at a workmates 21st Birthday do in May and they played that song because it was no 1 and I danced with this gorgeous lad who was her nephew (he was only nearly 17 ) but he was really good looking.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady

Thanks for that
traybabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2006, 03:36 PM
I watched some of it too - blimey it brought back memories - Australian soaps - Sons and Daughters/Country Practice - blimey the kids of today don't know how lucky they are after the horrors we were put through!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >