Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Ouch not very nice, this is the first time ive encountered this problem, but it looks as though the same may have happened before to her other dew claw so looks like its something im now going to have to be aware of.

Yeh i spoke to an emergency vet originally because It was still attached and was sore to the touch. They wanted me to pay £120 before the vet even looked at her so decided to secure it in place and dressed it myself until vets opening hours. The emergency vets were not happy at all. But its done the same thing they would have probably charged me £150 for and it broke of by itself without causing her any further pain or distress. wasnt aware heat was a sign so thanks i will look out for that.
My Terrier cross was forever ripping his dew claw nails out - horrifically painful for him. Hopefully it should sort itself out, Pickles' (the Terrier cross) usually did. I only bandaged Oscar's because it wouldn't stop bleeding. Just goes to prove my theory - he really is a annoying little bleeder!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Bot Flynn & zo have done this in the last few months, both times ive clippedoff the damaged nail & the quick has died off, & then the nail & quick have grown back together. I did a intial clean up & then left it for the dogs to keep clekn & the air to get to it.no probs
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2