Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2010, 06:27 PM

Canine Papilloma Virus?

Anyone else's dog had one or more of these? Indie developed what appears to be one on her nose, and it's not long since she had her annual booster, which can apparently cause them to appear. Unfortunately, she's knocked hers a couple of times, so I think it may have to be removed, but I just wondered what others' experiences have been with these warts? I've been watching to make sure it doesn't change in size/colour, and apart from knocking it, it seems to be the same size/shape etc.
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2010, 11:32 AM
She's knocked it open a couple of times, and it's had a bit of blood on it, particularly when she used her nose to dig some ice out of a puddle the other day but it seems to be the same size/colour/shape, generally, as when she got it. I'm *hoping* it will go away, as many apparently do, but if not, I think it'll have to be removed as it's in an awkward place......

Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 11:47 AM
One of mt collies once had one on a keg about 1/2inch diameter and it literally disappeared practically overnight after being there quite a few weeks
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks for that, she's pretty much knocked most of it off digging her nose into the snow and ice over the last day or so. I'm still keeping a close eye on it, hopefully it'll go away on it's own, if not I think I'll get her booked in to have it removed. It's in a place where it's obviously causing a bit of irritation to her.