Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Thanks I used to feed those blocks when I first started him on raw, but they can be hard to get coz I don’t drive, so always had to rely on my parents running over to PAH. Although, the price has gone up 3p! I am going to PAH today to get fish stuff, so may get some for Jake… I have to clean the bathroom for my mum, so I can get a run he does love those blocks though.
i know i have the same problem because i dont drive at the minute. ive found a really good supplier and the blocks are like 43p each but orders have to be over £30 so i havent got the freezer space. all my meat comes from the blocks, and they do the heart liver and kidney too in chunks, its just the wings ive bought from the supermarket.
i want to give them a bit more veg so i think im going to by a load shove it in a blender then freeze it
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 03:38 PM
The rabbit dinner is chicken and rabbit and I dont think there is that much rabbit but I know mine had it ages ago and definatley liked it plus at least its some rabbit in the diet so I think its worth it too ...

Lozzie I dont know whats available in your area but I found it cheaper to get AMP mince from local pet food suppliers that deliver rather than have a shop when I was looking at getting raw delivered. Was cheaper than PAH, just thought I would mention...

I don't get AMP just now but the guy I get his meat from works out about 55p a lb and thats including delivery. Its a bit more for rabbit but its all rabbit with no chicken, the lamb is also all lamb (Lamb dinner from AMP is good but mostly chicken too)
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
The rabbit dinner is chicken and rabbit and I dont think there is that much rabbit but I know mine had it ages ago and definatley liked it plus at least its some rabbit in the diet so I think its worth it too ...

Lozzie I dont know whats available in your area but I found it cheaper to get AMP mince from local pet food suppliers that deliver rather than have a shop when I was looking at getting raw delivered. Was cheaper than PAH, just thought I would mention...

I don't get AMP just now but the guy I get his meat from works out about 55p a lb and thats including delivery. Its a bit more for rabbit but its all rabbit with no chicken, the lamb is also all lamb (Lamb dinner from AMP is good but mostly chicken too)
i didnt know that....
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I really want to get deliveries, coz i think it would be easier and i am terrible for liking order... so getting one big delivery where i could portion everything up and know it will last for x amount of weeks, would be my heaven i especially want to get things like lamb necks and turkey necks like those places do, but i dont have the freezer space just now been looking for a second hand one, but no luck so far... although, i have given up now until after christmas, so hopefully then i can get one and get big deliveries
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 01:26 PM
The problem with bones is that they take up so much room for so little, if you see what I mean. I just order meat in bags and then get bones from the butchers usually, I wouldnt fit much in the freezer otherwise.
dave g
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-11-2010, 08:16 PM
10% of a raw diet should be bones but make sure you dont cook them as they splinter and any fresh meat you buy make sure you freeze it for 72 hours...
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 02:17 PM
I feed anything I can get my hands on, have you tried Landywoods, TMP, Berriewood etc, they do lungs, pigs trotters, lamb tripe etc.

Or you can go to the abbattoir, or do you have any local smallholders that will dispose of stuff they will not consume?

I get my ox livers and lungs from them once their carcase comes back.

I wait for short shelf lives and then stock up freezer, liver is often ludicrously cheap.

Raw fish is the same.

If you want rabbit, get in touch with yoru local shoot if you have one, if you do not have one you may have a local clay shoot whose members go lamping with their lurchers etc and will be happy to give you a source of rabbit, I also have the guy who disposes of deer on the road, who cuts up the kill for me.

Shoots often have too much game to get rid of, or spoiled game which is cheap

Just some ideas.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I feed anything I can get my hands on, have you tried Landywoods, TMP, Berriewood etc, they do lungs, pigs trotters, lamb tripe etc.
Unfortunatley cant get deliveries from them here, although I have a guy delivering meat from Durham Animal Feeds and I'm really happy with the quality its just I cant get suitable offal..well not much variety anyway, think its all beef offal..Or you can go to the abbattoir, or do you have any local smallholders that will dispose of stuff they will not consume?
Don't have abbattoir near enough but the idea about smallholders is a good one, don't think any nearby but worth keeping my eyes open..I get my ox livers and lungs from them once their carcase comes back.

I wait for short shelf lives and then stock up freezer, liver is often ludicrously cheap.

Raw fish is the same.

If you want rabbit, get in touch with yoru local shoot if you have one, if you do not have one you may have a local clay shoot whose members go lamping with their lurchers etc and will be happy to give you a source of rabbit, I also have the guy who disposes of deer on the road, who cuts up the kill for me.

Thats a great idea, I sometimes see a guy that takes his spaniels to the beating and shoots when I'm out with the dog, havent seen him for a while but will need to mention to him if I see him.
Shoots often have too much game to get rid of, or spoiled game which is cheap

Just some ideas.
Thanks for the suggestions!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2