Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by kellymcg View Post
this is why i love dogsey being able to talk to people that know what they are talking about i will definently be leaving him as he is, i sometimes cant believe how lucky i am to have him, its as if he understands everything i say
Should you wish to, there is an implant you could try, called "Suprelorin" It will last about 6mths before the effects wear off. If you like the effects of it (castration) you could go for the permanent option, otherwise he will return to normal. I wouldnt even think about it though, unless there is any need to.
kellymcg
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Should you wish to, there is an implant you could try, called "Suprelorin" It will last about 6mths before the effects wear off. If you like the effects of it (castration) you could go for the permanent option, otherwise he will return to normal. I wouldnt even think about it though, unless there is any need to.
i will let nature take it course and if i do think that it is starting to become a problem for him then i may think about getting him done but the way things are at the moment it doesn't look like i will have to
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 09:18 PM
I have read this with interest thinking that people would respond saying yes he had to be done, to stop unwanted breeding if nothing else.

My sil has an entire male and a spayed bitch, but she very rarely walks in populated areas, whereas we walk with and near a lot of other dogs, so we assumed that we would have no choice to get our puppy neutered.

I would be reluctant to do because it involves an operation, but as much as the idea of breeding from him is appealing, it isnt likely to be something we would ever do, so assumed the option had to be to neuter and that the forum members on here and another forum thought that you were irresponsible if you didnt neuter your dog but let him offlead whilst out and about.

Interesting, I have no idea what the right answer is, to try and weigh up the health risks also if not done, the health risks if done and the worry of the operation!!!!
kellymcg
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
I have read this with interest thinking that people would respond saying yes he had to be done, to stop unwanted breeding if nothing else.

My sil has an entire male and a spayed bitch, but she very rarely walks in populated areas, whereas we walk with and near a lot of other dogs, so we assumed that we would have no choice to get our puppy neutered.

I would be reluctant to do because it involves an operation, but as much as the idea of breeding from him is appealing, it isnt likely to be something we would ever do, so assumed the option had to be to neuter and that the forum members on here and another forum thought that you were irresponsible if you didnt neuter your dog but let him offlead whilst out and about.

Interesting, I have no idea what the right answer is, to try and weigh up the health risks also if not done, the health risks if done and the worry of the operation!!!!
i also have a spayed bitch and i take my two out everyday to the park/beach they are always off lead and meet quite a few dogs and i have never had any problems with junior trying to run off
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2