View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 07:50 PM
I'll try it slightly frozen next time. I thought that skinning and gutting it would make it easier but they obviously didn't like the taste. I thought rabbit tasted a bit like chicken and they have no problems with that.

Ho hum..........I don't suppose they will catch another one for ages but I will pass up the butcher's kind offer for now.
Dilkara
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Haven't tried whole carcass, but Ludo loved it all chopped up with bones in as we used to get from food4dogs. I would be too squeamish to feed a whole rabbit carcass, or let him catch his own.

Although Ludo is not really inclined to chase. Possibly cos I have rabbits too which he's not allowed to chase. He has walked right past 2 hares off lead and only glanced at them.
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Missy would love to catch a rabbit, she is just not quite fast enough. Don't think she would eat it though. Way too fussy.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 03:12 PM
i posted a pic thread at easter at how disgusted one of mine was by his easter bunny lol... i had to hold it inside out for him(ewww) ....and then Tupac stole the fur lol.....

...to be fair,its best to freeze for at least 3 weeks first when it comes to rabbits.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Cooper has caught, killed and eaten a rabbit once, he loved it, but hasn't managed since.
I wouldn't mind him catching his own food, but on my little list of Dalmatian appropriate food it says they aren't really allowed game, which is pretty much everything he can catch himself.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 06:52 PM
The dogs caught their own rabbit the other day, totally stupid rabbit though! It made for the railings where the warrens are but then decided to change direction and run towards the opposite side of the field and another set of railings. At the last minute it changed it's mine, turned around again and straight into the dogs who were chasing it from behind! Talk about suicide!

Still, one rabbits loss is another dogs gain!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Dusty brought another rabbit and dumped it front of me, but this one was completely unharmed. It sat up and shook itself but after what happened last time we just stood back and waved goodbye as it hopped away into the bushes.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3