Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 05:13 AM

Good morning all - Monday!

Morning all,

I have a mentally busy day today as Shirley and Emma are both on holiday (today only) so it’s just Suzanne and I and Mondays are always manic.

I’m hoping I can nip home at lunchtime to run Len around the block – the steroids he is on are making him drink loads and he needs a midday pee at the moment.

I’m sure this particular Monday will fly........ let’s hope I can hold on to my sanity

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Today’s gem:
Be honest, if people could hear what you are thinking, you’d be in a mental hospital.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 05:58 AM
Morning Cuz xxx

regards your gem love it....atm If certain people could hear what I was thinking they would be shocked to the core.

Spent the whole day waiting in yesterday after getting prepared for Flower and nothing, lets just say it was a little
Our own dogs spent the whole day in .... I really wasn't amused.
I rang twice and no answer and sent emails but nothing, so not sure what thats all about especially as they contacted me with ''we have had recommendations and glowing reports'' still its anyones guess eh!

Today I have a few things planned, Pat went to work at 6am and just waiting for foster son to go to school then I will get cracking

Have a great day folks and have fun xxxxxxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2012, 06:21 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

I am surprised you have any sanity to hang onto Vicki. I hope today goes better than you are expecting and Len gets his lunchtime pee break.

Thats not good Steph is it ? When rescues or anyone for that matter does this and doesn't contact with a reason for not turning up they do themselves no favours.

I am whispering this Dillon is being so good I think he must of been swapped in the night for a good Bernese.
Our young neighbours baby was born Friday and Clint is grinning like a Cheshire cat and gave us all the details of the birth. He did say he would bring her round or we could pop round there to meet Ella we opted for popping in there later today as Dillon is very bouncy and licky at the moment.

I like the gem today certainly applies to me at the moment.
Have a good day all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 06:24 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
Good luck today Vicki, sounds a nightmare.
Steph that is not on. Is it a rescue Flower was coming from? That poor girly, you would think they would have at least had the decency to keep you informed of what was happenning. They knew you would be waiting in for her.
I will be ringing the vets at 8am to see if I can get Lily in with the vet I normally see. No point seeing another one as they never have a clue whats really going on and Claire knows everything about whats happening with Lily.
I've had a bad weekend with her and her throat problems and her lump on her foot has grown some more and is now bothering her. She won't stop licking it. Lets hope Claire is in today.
Work this afternoon and I must try and get Kyiro out for a half decent walk as poor boy has just been going round the block for 10 mins because of Lily.
Hope you all have a good day.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 06:25 AM
Morning all

I wondered why there weren't any pics Steph, imagine messing you about like that, that's really not on.

I'm heading off soon for work, hopefully I get a decent timetable, from a quick glance I suspect that I have home economics today at some point, just not sure when and not sure where my apron is!

This evening I'm helping out with another detachment in Dingwall so going to be busy at lunchtime reviewing the lesson.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 06:33 AM
Morning Vicki, Steph, Lynn and everyone

Sounds like you're in for another jolly day then Vicki, so good luck! Sorry to hear about yesterday Steph, hopefully, some wires have been crossed somewhere and it'll get sorted out today. Glad to hear Dillon's calmed down a bit for you there Lynn, as I'm sure you will be in for a pretty stressful week with Friday looming on the horizon ((hugs))

We've had a lie in this morning, and there's nothing much to do today either, as that kitchen is at last what I would call finished, apart from a few odds and ends to be done when they arrive. Phew! Had a very busy week-end, what with the van change-over, shopping, more painting and for the first time in weeks, we didn't have to go to the tip yesterday morning, but needless to say, that's where I'm heading today, with the last of tiles that came off around the cooker and other c*ap that always seems to accumulate throughout the week with all this diy.

The sun is trying hard, there's lots of blue up there but also lots of cloud, so don't quite know what we're in for weatherwise. Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-09-2012, 07:06 AM
'morning Vicki, Helena, Lynn and all above

Hope you get throught the day OK, I also liked todays 'gem' only I did voice my thoughts on SB's CM thread, still boiling with anger at the man and wishing he would catch rabies from that bite

Lynn, I bet you're glad Dillon has calmed down today, we went through the same with our two when they were 'teenagers'

Last trip to the tip for you Helena I don't think so, there will always be 'stuff' until long after the upgrade is finished, still at least you have a tip to go to, all we have is the fortnightly bin collections
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 07:42 AM
Morning Vicki and all

I hope today isn't too stressful for you Vicki!

That is awful Steph, I hope it's a communication problem, poor Flower (and you) deserves better.

Dillon settling down, he's probably catching his breath for the next stage!!

I hope Lily is alright, I didn't realise she had throat probs, does she have auto immune?

We had a lovely day yesterday in Cambridge at a club championship show, Pip won Limit dog and was unfazed by the judge, the work put into him is paying off, I have his trust back!! He went into a special class where another judge , who needs dogs to go over to progress his judging, gave him 2nd place in a large class, I was so pleased with him. We are all tired today so we wont be racing around, just a short walk for all then we will all relax.

Have a good day all!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Good morning all.

Just exited a lovely hot, hot, hot bath so is all clean and tidy . Usually do the shower, but every now and then, that lovely long, hot soak beckons

Mcd's today for us. Would love to go to a little shop we've found that does pie, mushy peas and gravy for £1.50 that look and smell glorious, but, unfortunately, they don't have any outside seating so

Gary has decided to come with us again today. No doubt he's wanting to go shopping - he always seems to have an ulterior motive for gracing us with his presence.

Didn't get my work done yesterday so that's on the cards this afternoon.

Hope you all have a good day. Hope poorly Lily is better soon, Dillon keeps his 'good boy' head on, the tip trip isn't too scruffy making, work whizzes by no matter how stressed and strained through staff shortages, that there's a good explanation for why little Flower didn't show up and that Pip continues onwards and upwards and that anything I've forgotten is forgiven for being overlooked
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Afternoon Vicki, afternoon all. I am trying to keep Pereg inside as much as possible due to what is usually just the Friday evening/Sabbath walkathon outside - only because of Rosh Hashana yesterday was just like a Friday evening and today and tomorrow are just like the Sabbath. No cars and nothing for the children [or anyone to do] so they just walk up and down, going visiting friends or just walking about.

And why oh why do kids scream when they see Pereg even if she is just laying outside? They scream, she rushes as far as she can get and she barks - and they wonder why? It is unfair on her to keep her in with the door closed all the time, and it is unfair on me having to sit here and not be able to look out. Sorry for the rant, but this will go on, well on and off, for another four weeks now because of all the Holy Days, and Pereg hates changes in her normal routine.

Anyhow, I hope poorly Lily is better soon Bev, you find out what happened to poor Flower Steph - and well done to Pip!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >