View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Can you not ask your friend for the contact info of the breeder and have a wee chat to them yourself? Just an idea.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Random - I've only just found out and he was already there when I found out. I don't suppose there's really much I can do now.

She disappeared from msn saying 'got to go, they're here' and hasn't been online all night so I'm assuming he got them.

It's a really sad affair and although she doesn't want them yet, and only wanted one at all, she has said that she'll have to look after them and she can only make the best of a bad situation.

This lad by the way that she's with, steals cars for 'a living' and has only just got out of prison. He's more than likely going back to jail as someone has found out that he's been out again and reported him to the police so now Lisa is left with a baby and 2 doberman pups to look after, alone.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 08:52 PM
well if she has any brains in her head as soon as he gets trotted off back to prison she should hand those poor pups in to a shelter ! IMO
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Dani,

I would like to agree but her boyfriend sounds like such a jerk, she defends him to people, but she told me that he treats her badly, tells her she has to 'look after him'. I don't think she'd dare get rid of these dogs for fear of what he'd do when he got out. She won't leave him but I think that's because she doesn't want to face parenthood alone, and also - she does like the money she gets from his 'job'.

She's no angel but she has got some brains in her head. Unfortunately, she seems too scared to use them.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 01:07 AM
Well, they've arrived

They're 4 months old apparently so not sure what their history is or whatever but apparently they're housetrained, which is one thing I suppose and Lisa says they sit still

But what does worry me slightly is Junior (her waste of space boyfriend) rough houses with them. My aunt had a rottie bitch that my uncle rough housed with and she couldn't tell the difference between rough housing with him and rough housing with the children, she ended up being yet another of my uncle's rehomed dogs because although she was a lovely dog she was just too rough for the children.

Now having two dobes that are used to rough housing in the same house as a baby learning to crawl is not going to be good surely??

Lisa's going to send me the ad to have a look at and I'm seriously considering contacting the breeder and telling them exactly what I think of someone who sells to littermates to someone in Junior's position!
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 08:11 AM
its all going to end in tears
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2006, 10:30 AM
this is a sad sad situation,but the saddest part of all is this prat is going to be a parent
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Thing is with this is that two lovely dogs are going to end up in rescue (at best ) but may well be so screwed up they may be unhomable ( is that a word? lol ) This just a ticking bomb
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Murphy
Thing is with this is that two lovely dogs are going to end up in rescue (at best ) but may well be so screwed up they may be unhomable ( is that a word? lol ) This just a ticking bomb

I know that's what saddened me, at the moment, Lisa says they're lovely dogs, they're pretty well behaved and have been trained a little (to a very basic standard) already.
But he doesn't want lovely dogs, that's what's so hard about it. The dogs aren't bad dogs at all.

Just as a matter of interest, how many breeders would home a puppy to a family that they'd not met? ie. they'd only met one member of the family? When I went to get Pebbles (the first puppy I was supposed to have) she insisted on seeing us all, and when I went to get Takara we all went anyway and there was another family there when we arrived who had brought the whole family.

So would you actually sell a puppy to a family which you'd only met one member?
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by sez
this is a sad sad situation,but the saddest part of all is this prat is going to be a parent
I know, it concerns me a bit I must admit! Lisa won't leave him because she's scared of being an only parent but to be honest, I think she will end up doing it all herself anyway!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >