View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-05-2009, 07:53 PM

Raggs, 6 year old Collie X Lurcher needs home!

Raggs, 6 year old Collie X Lurcher needs home!

History: Taken into care originally by the RSPCA as his owner had 18 dogs in her house. She then took back what she could manage, but Raggs and his other 5 litter mates got left in kennels. They have been moved through kennels, stables and old cars and back to kennels due to the owners 'love', but inability to provide for them. Rescue Remedies have now taken over their care.

Salient points: Beautiful silken coated dog. Excellent with dogs. Timid of people initially, but will come close and starts to build a relationship given time. Good on the lead and house training appears intact within a understanding setting. To be homed in with another confident dog(s) to afford him a strong clear role model.

Advert: Raggs to Riches ... let this be his story. Raggs has never had a family concerned for his individual needs nor providing for his well being. A wonderful temperament, but in his current situation, nervous and when together with his litter mates, this is exaggerated. Raggs will soon harmonise with a confident dog as he is subservient by nature and will grasp at any chance offered. Raggs has a special place in our rescue as he appears the most nervous of the 'abandoned pack mates'. He will run around the perimeters, not knowing what is expected of him. He is drawn to come close, to a still, outstretched hand ... he knows this holds his chance, his lifeline and his freedom from kennel life. Freedom from the boredom and exaggerated noises he has lived amongst for so many years. Raggs is neutered, newly groomed, has had a full dental, complete vet check and all aspects checked and cared for. Raggs is ready for his Home.

Raggs is so much "the Needy", but judging how 3 of his sisters have settled within a fostered environment we know not to judge him too soon. He has a wonderful temperament and such a loving nature. Yes ,he needs a special dog savvy family, who will give him time, take him slow and rejoice in what small steps he achieves. There is nothing more rewarding than giving a deprived dog his CHANCE. Hopefully kennels will soon be a fading memory for "Richy!"

"Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Phew I've arrived I feel fine a little wary 'cause xxlynne got off the sofa to take my picture, but not too bad..

I've met 2 very special people..here is Mike and then there is Terry..Sam the dog was very kind.

Here is Terry..these people are very doggie people I really like them. I've met one of the cats..seemed cool and not too nervous of me

So I've decided to stay forever..I know all my brothers and sisters are safe so it's time to sort my life out. There's my new collar and lead on the table I notice. Oh it's so lovely to relax waited years for this moment. Thanks every one at the kennels and Rescue Remedies... you don't need to worry about me anymore

So he is now happily homed.
Closed Thread