Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:13 PM

Summer loving or winter loving dog?

Do you think your dog has a preference? Or maybe it's what you prefer (though anyone that likes winter better than summer has to be crazy )
Today was our first proper warm, no cardigan needed day & I found that Tilly was so happy
In the winter she loves the muddy puddles etc.., but after a walk is not really interested in going in the garden.
Today she's been in & out of the garden all day, frollicking on the grass & rolling over like a muppet, laying on the patio watching the birdies, herding the cat & licking her butt, stealing knickers off the line & staying awake past 7pm!!
We love summer
(Did someone say it was gonna rain at the weekend!!)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Yes someone ruined my happy thoughts of a warm club this weekend (no heating in the club).

I think dogs are easier in the summer - you can let them play in the garden and have the doors open all the time.

I had Madam (bunny) out in her run today (slave labour really - I needed to cut the grass but couldn't be bothered) and whilst I was on the loo - Louie decided to break her out and then pin her down and clean her.
She is not the easiest bunny to catch! And she's gotten bigger and bigger legs means faster legs!

So she was put away with yucky messed up fur - cheers Louie.

I also love how Louie didn't pull much at all - too warm to I guess..I wasn't complaining although he didn't like the fact that his mud puddle had dried up!

I don't like summer - too many idiots and their dogs out. The field we went to today is normally empty - and it was full of dogs today.
paulandfloyd
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Spring and Summer of course, or winter when the mud freezes and the sun shines. They also like snow.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Yes someone ruined my happy thoughts of a warm club this weekend (no heating in the club).

I think dogs are easier in the summer - you can let them play in the garden and have the doors open all the time.

I had Madam (bunny) out in her run today (slave labour really - I needed to cut the grass but couldn't be bothered) and whilst I was on the loo - Louie decided to break her out and then pin her down and clean her.
She is not the easiest bunny to catch! And she's gotten bigger and bigger legs means faster legs!

So she was put away with yucky messed up fur - cheers Louie.

I also love how Louie didn't pull much at all - too warm to I guess..I wasn't complaining although he didn't like the fact that his mud puddle had dried up!

I don't like summer - too many idiots and their dogs out. The field we went to today is normally empty - and it was full of dogs today.
awwh poor bunny Yes it's weird that there are extra dogs out on walks - have they been in hibernation all winter
Another added bonus is not having to wash the floor every 5 minutes
and looking forward to getting the paddling pool out
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Spring/Summer definately Ted is happiest when he is in the garden and at the moment he is out there from his morning walk till gone 8 tonight. He only came in this morning to have his breakfast and then he stood half out the patio door and stretched over to his bowl

The only thing about the summer is all the people about means he's on the lead more

Although i'm sick of walking him in the dark so i'm looking forward to lighter nights
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Spring/summer, definately. My girls were summer pups and spent a lot of their puppyhood outside in the garden. They all love to sunbathe.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 11:22 PM
We had a lovely walk in the sun today and I was surprised there wasnt more people out and about with their doggies, it must have been warm as even Tom joined Bella (who gets hot easily due to her blackness) into the stream to cool his paws down !

I like both summer and winter as the dogs love having fun in the snow , just glad I live in a country that has seasons that are so different !
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 01:08 AM
Oh she DEFINITELY has a preference. And it's for winter. Oh how she LOVES winter. In the winter she looks like this:

In the summer, she's hot and miserable. On walks she ends up just laying there. Here she is in 90 degree heat and humidity and not wanting to move any further.

It's just too hot for her in the summer here, especially this past summer as it was just NASTY. And her Mommy is much like her. I hate the summer. I HATE the heat. I just wilt if it's much above 75. But I'm quite content with temperatures under 0 (F, not C). I've lived someplace that regularly got down to 35 below 0 and I was fine with it!

Of course, our summers are likely much different than summers in the UK. Here in central NY the temperatures frequently get up into the 80s and 90s with high humidity. They're sticky and gross and it's hard to do much during it without dripping in sweat and feeling like the air is closing in on you.

Our winters are equally harsh with temperatures frequently below 20F and dipping below 0F at night a lot. It's a sucky place to live!
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Suki likes the snow and that is it, if its windy or raining she wont even go out for a wee. in summer she wont even lie in the shade she prefers to be in the house.

Michael like being outside all year round and would live outside if i let him.

Bandit not sure yet he likes walking in any weather but snow but not had summer yet so time will tell, but he wont stay in the garden like the other two he goes mad and wants to come in all the time. Hopefully he will grow out of that coz i throw them out in nice weather to clean the house lol
ATD x
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Hmmmm not sure I really need to think about this at all It is summer all the way with my 2, well I am guessing summer for Ludi, as he hasn't seen one yet but given how much he hates the cold I think it is safe to assume he is going to loooove the summer
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >