Female 

19-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Oh---there's another one!

rune
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 10:22 PM
I fell for him years ago. I was given a Woolworths token one Christmas and bought one of his cassettes because it had Stranger Song on it. It was the only song I'd heard of his at that time. When I took it back to university with me none of my friends liked it I could never understand why not. Maybe I'm weird but I never found it made me feel depressed and I loved his voice. Some of his lines are so memorable...I'm sure if we came back in in another century people would still remember his work.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Just been watching that documentary the one after the first one

Someone has just been talking about Hallelujah and said that love is like a "broken Hallelujah" how cool is that!!! A broken Hallelujah this is my take on that what you think

Hallelujah is a Hebrew word which means "Glory to the Lord." The song explains that many kinds of Hallelujahs do exist. I think "All the perfect and broken Hallelujahs have an equal value ." It's I think, a desire to affirm ones faith in life, not in some formal religious way but with enthusiasm, with emotion.

Elaine xx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 10:44 PM
There is a concert on later as well---I have set it to record and I am about to go on e bay and look for Dear Heather.

rune
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 10:48 PM
I have really enjoyed this

Will be putting that one on record

thanks
Elaine xx
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Dale's mum View Post
Anyone else watching him live in London on channel 4?
He still sends shivers down my spine. I just love his songs and poems.
I love LC and i've only just read your post so I'm missed him on tv, I didn't know he was on, I hope its shown again.i've been a fan forever! got loads of his music and can play a few of his songs on my guitar.Also my very very fave singer songwriter Buffy Sainte Marie co wrote a song with him many years ago and they are great friends. I E mailed Buffy and she E mailed me back a few months ago and we had a great chat including talking about him, Buffy and a load of others did a tribute concert singing his songs, I asked her if she would consider singing Hallelujah and she said she thought enough people had already done it, but if she ever did it would be for me! Leonard is a fantastic songwriter his words are wonderful.I get very cross when people say he is depressing, I don't think he is at all, wonderful man!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Have a listen to this if you have never heard Rufus w.

He messes up at the end! Also On U tube he is singing Over the Rainbow----I love it but might be an aquired taste!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBpYllqdIMc

rune
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Thanks so much for that---I'd have missed it and been devestated.

Love him,I'd love to do a routine to one of his---maybe Dance Me to the End of Love.

For his fans---you'll probably like Rufus Wainwright as well.he says he was influenced by him.

I SO envy your son Elaine---I would have love to have seen him there. Lots of clips on u tube.

rune
I know and he saw James Blunt there singing Hallelujah though I do like Jeff buckley's version better.

Elaine xx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 10:53 PM
I love her as well----I am working on an HTM routine to one of her songe---Darling Don't Cry.

rune
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I love her as well----I am working on an HTM routine to one of her songe---Darling Don't Cry.

rune
wow you will have to let me have a listen to that,

elaine xx
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >