Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-10-2010, 04:02 PM

Whole rabbit suppliers West Midlands

A little parochial i know but i really have searched, anyone know a supplier close to Stourbridge, West Mids i can get minced rabbit but i want wholes ones, people who i know can get them but my partner wants me to stay on the right side of the law as she sees it.
Any help would be very appreciated.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 08:33 PM
By staying on the right side of the law I assume you mean she doesnt want them from somebody you know who shoots them? Not everybody is an illegal lamper

To answer your question, The Dog Food company can deliver whole rabbits at a cost of £2 each, order must be over £20 though. Alternatively, see if there are any local farmers markets. I'm going to Melton Mowbray market this weekend to see if I can pick any rabbits up.

You may also find that a local reptile stockist may also stock frozen rabbits (beware, they may be white fluffy bunnies though!)
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-10-2010, 08:40 PM
erm yes i do know a lot of dodgy people who should know better at their age, going to try Bridgnorth this weekend as i have been told a butcher does them out that way, if i can locate a spare freezer i would gladly order 20 quids worth.
My partner would not be very happy if i went down the white fluffy bunny road as she owned 2 until a year or so ago.
Thank you for your advice, strange how butchers do not stock rabbit anymore, every butcher did rabbit when i was a kid.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 08:47 PM
I remember seeing them hanging outside butchers windows, illegal of course now and disturbing when I was a kid too!

I think it's a meat that has gone out of fashion big time but it is difficult to get hold of whole rabbits unless you know somebody who shoots them (legally) and the internet comes up with very little unless you want to pay over the odds.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 09:12 PM
They often sell then on Walsall market.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-10-2010, 06:37 AM
Thank you BorderDawn,
Is that the market that used to be by the football ground or is it in a different place?, i will pay a visit very soon.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
Thank you BorderDawn,
Is that the market that used to be by the football ground or is it in a different place?, i will pay a visit very soon.
Its the one in the town centre, Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. There is a game and fish stall at the bottom, I have seen prepared Rabbits for sale there, frozen, whole.