Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 09:12 AM

My Granddaughter Has Been Sold A Pup

Hi

My stepgrandaughter has been sold a pup,she is just 18,she saw an advert,it was the cheapest so,she sold her mums grandma stuff whiich was left to her .She wanted a chihuahua. I only have this small photo but to me this isnt a chihuahua

<edit: dead link removed as it was causing confusion for some members>

She was told by the person that they lived in Oban,and would be prepared to meet her halfway,so she hitched,she was told that the ears would right themselves,as they were floppy, and the same with the fine down all over the pup.After the ructions in the house,she has stormed off with the puppy,they thought she may be making her way to Wales but I havent heard from her.Its such a shame,that the few make it bad for the rest of the dogworld,give a young girl a puppy,she is going to want it.
I will try and get better photos when she reappears crystalgirl
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-02-2013, 10:40 AM
The link goes back to a gmail account and shows no picture crystalgirl. I wish these youngsters would do the research before buying any animal. What's done is done, so I don't know how you should proceed from here.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 10:51 AM
There are many internet scam ads for these 'teacup' and mini dogs. And they are scams there are no dogs involved (thankfully). They usually claim to only want the cost of 'shipping' the dog abroad etc. I will try to find some links.

You put a link to an email with a pic in it - that won't work to get an img up.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Here's are some warnings about this - they often ask for money to be sent via Moneygram and just find the most appealing puppy photos of the particular breed on the internet to use in the ads. People have seen photos of their own (deceased) dogs being used for this.

Puppy scams cost pet lovers thousands.
http://www.petrelocation.com/blog/pe...vers-thousands

http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/...ad.php?t=26025

And this one specifically relating to Chihuahuas.

http://www.chihuahuaworlduk.com/inde...g/buyer-beware
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 10:56 AM
I can't see any picture but ears do flop until they are little older when Betty came to us at 10 weeks she had one ear up and one floppy the other only went up on Saturday at 12 weeks old.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Julie I really believe that her stepgranddaughter has fallen victim to one of the common miniature dogs for sale scams on the internet. And there won't be a 'real' dog involved.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Ah I see. Police perhaps best place to go if any money has changed hands ?
Shane
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-02-2013, 11:18 AM
After the ructions in the house,she has stormed off with the puppy
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Julie I really believe that her stepgranddaughter has fallen victim to one of the common miniature dogs for sale scams on the internet. And there won't be a 'real' dog involved.
How can there be no dog if she already has the dog?

Obviously a silly way to buy a dog but we all do silly things at times, she will just have to live and learn from it and find a nice home for the dog if she can't keep it at home.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 11:19 AM
I read it that the stepgrandaughter already has bought the dog as Chrystal says 'she stormed off with the puppy'. It has probably come from a puppy farm as those dispicable breeders don't want the buyer to see the disgusting conditions the dogs are kept in so the breeder offers to meet them somewhere else.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 12:42 PM
If she's already got the dog, regardless of where it came from, it is a little puppy that has needs. Your granddaughter is only young, bless her, so will need a bit of guidance too.

All the rest is water under the bridge at this stage so thoughts now should be about the future for them both
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »