View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 09:08 PM
I think if they have to sell them to the public they should only sell the silent pretty ones and leave the bangs for displays.
My dogs are sitting here with thier legs crossed because huge banging fireworks have been going non stop here since 6pm and at 10.10 pm are still going without a let up and its not even November yet.
Milo doesn't mind them but Shady hates them.
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Willow is more scared than I thought she would be, I just cant understand why people let them off at this time of night.

I am now listening to fireworks at a garden at the back of my house (11.15pm) and have twice picked up my jet watering house. Seriosly, another 30 mins and I will use it on them *wicked laugh*
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2007, 08:28 AM
agree - i think they are awful - i love to look at them from far away but think they should only be for displays and should not be sold to the public. They have been onsale intesco for the last 2 weeks and its just unneccessary - if they must sell them to the public - why not just start selling them on 3rd nov or something and that way we dont have to put up with it for weeks.

We had them going off last night and bruno was not a happy bunny.

every year so many children and animals are injuried unnecessarily - ban them
gracelund
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Several years ago I found a cat huddled on my doorstep with firework burns all along his left side, it cost a small fortune in vet’s fees. No one would admit owning him he is now mine,
bobbles
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2007, 08:50 AM
My Staff made me laugh last night she isn't bothered by fireworks at all, we have some waste land at the back of us and as she was out there having her last wee of the day some kids decided to let some fireworks off ,she stood and watched them never flinched at any of the noise and when they'd finished she huffed and ploded back inside it was if she was saying is that it, is anyone elses doggy this laid back about fireworks
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Last night someone fairly close to us was having a firwork display? it went on for over 2 hours and I am talking a LOT of fireworks, thankfully although my lot were at first looking round as if to say "what the hell", they soon settled down, but OMG have those fireworks gone louder? some of the bangs actually shook the house, I could FEEL the bangs. I think they should be banned and only have organzed displays then if people want to go see them thats their choice,

Mo
Dolly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Why do fireworks have to make a noise? It is so unnecessary, why can't they just be displaying the colours etc. Then they wouldn't be such a nuisance to animal's & people.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2007, 10:57 AM
They should definately only be for organised displayed. Even then it is a total waste of money. Ok I'm a complete scrouge, just you wait til Christmas comes along
Luckily Mo doesn't take the slightest bit of notice but I feel so sorry for those animals that are terrified by them.
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-10-2007, 01:19 PM
The Joke is that I as a council tax payer are actually paying for the displays here in Torbay that happen year round.

There should be a ban on this too, I don't see why my money should be spent on something that is morally wrong, and if you must have fireworks brought by Joe public, they need to be heavily taxed at source, 10,000% should do it.

The Firework law has definately helped the situation but for so long nothing was done and then too little. There also needs to be some very public examples (maximum fines and imprisonment) made of those that flout the law, particularly under age possesion and breaking of curfews.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Hope that taught them something.

Personally I feel they should not be on sale to the public at all and only used at orgaised displays.
I completely agree here..I was in tesco today when I noticed they had a huge firework sale on??? buy one get one free. I do wonder why they bother telling everyone to be safe with them, and then go selling them at ridiculously cheap prices so anyone can buy them.. xx
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >