Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Karen B
New Member!
Female 

05-04-2017, 09:19 AM

Terminally ill but ravenous!

Hi there, this is my first post as I am new to the forum so be kind to me . I have 2 Labradors and on 3 Jan this year the 8 year old underwent surgery to save her life and was given 1-3 months to live. She is still running around like a spring lamb, slowing down a bit but much more active than I imagined and obviously we didn't expect to enter April and still have her with us so every day is a massive bonus. She was never a greedy Labrador and quite picky about her food (I know, very unusual for a Labrador!) but now she is so greedy and seems ravenous all the time. Has anyone come across this before please? I am not feeding her more than I used to but don't want to think she is hungry and has a rumbling tummy.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2017, 04:23 PM
One of my girls has a high grade cancer, she is still very active and eating well with nice firm poo's. She has always been overweight so I bulk her food out with steamed grated veg and she is still polishing off every meal. I have been giving her hemp oil and Manuka Honey which seems to have been of help to her.