Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:29 AM

Which ID tag do you use and why?

I need to order Dexter a new ID tag today - I've been looking at various websites and they all seem pretty similar.

Just wondering what other folk use and if anyone has any particular recommendations? The strongest, most robust tag is what I'm after

Many thanks for any responses
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:35 AM
I use PetTags brass, largest size to get all info on front and back, I have my OWN rings for attaching to collar which are stronger than I have found on any tag.

I am currently using two that date back to two previous dogs from 97
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I use PetTags brass, largest size to get all info on front and back, I have my OWN rings for attaching to collar which are stronger than I have found on any tag.

I am currently using two that date back to two previous dogs from 97

Cheers SMOKEY BEAR
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:44 AM
I use these:
http://www.collarsandtags.co.uk/dog-...tags-c-80.html

You can get far more writing on it, they are big and easy to see that the dog is wearing a tag and it's free delivery

You can order the ones that come on the chains and then put them onto a strong ring and they haven't gotten ruined. Louie's has been through harsh conditions - water, brush, woodland..etc and is still there - the embossed writing means it cannot be misread. - it tells you on the site. The only problem I would say - is you will need a lot of silencers - they break easy - then again, we do go through some wild terrain
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I use these:
http://www.collarsandtags.co.uk/dog-...tags-c-80.html

You can get far more writing on it, they are big and easy to see that the dog is wearing a tag and it's free delivery

Thanks SLB! Very helpful
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Sorry - guess we posted at the same time lol - I added some
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:53 AM
I have these.really big and chunky.(if you need the large size you can find on other sites).Loads of space for text.Deep engraving which can be coloured so that it stands out more.Can have text front and back and they look good too!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Casper's is an Identitags one, same as Kiki's first one but she lost it. I bought her from from dialapettag as they donate to rescue but have to say I prefer the Identitag one - her new one hasn't had the text 'stained' black or whatever it is they do, which makes it a bit hard to read when clean (fortunately she's a mucky pup so dirt is doing a good job of making it a bit easier to read but when I cleaned the collar and tag the other day it went back to being a bit awkward to read). I think when we move I'll go back to Identitags for both of them.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 08:03 AM
I use the brass ones engraved from any local key-cutting shop. The real problem is getting them to stay on. I sometimes used plastic-coated wire and wire them on. As my dogs go on the beach so often the rings corrode and break.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I use the brass ones engraved from any local key-cutting shop. The real problem is getting them to stay on. I sometimes used plastic-coated wire and wire them on. As my dogs go on the beach so often the rings corrode and break.
Use ordinary key rings - tag rings hopeless!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >