Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Jenny,

How easy was it to switch, did you read any books first?...I wanna feed Keena raw but I am kinda just finding where to start!
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 08:31 PM
my lab daisys on a starvation regime at the moment.shes deffo due in season, but she'll make up for it when she comes on!!lol
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 08:58 PM
Awww lol yep purdey is on at the mo, wont eat anything except tuna, lol funny girl
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 08:59 PM
hi mischevious.
Here are some sites i read first. I also got loads of advice from the guys on here.

http://www.njboxers.com/faqs.htm

http://www.ukbarfclub.co.uk/

http://www.barfworld.com/

you can also go to yahoo search and type in 'barf information'

You'll find that everyone does it different. It gets really confusing the more you read.

Heres a list of things indie eats which might help.

Beef trimmings from butcher, heart or liver once a week. Eggs (some people grind these up with the veggies or jus add it raw. indie wont eat raw tho) fish, lamb ribs, liquidised vegetables, rabbit, tripe.

Alot of people also feed chicken wings, necks, legs etc, but indie wont eat chicken. its very cheap tho. so a shame indies fussy

indie doesnt get many meaty bones either cos she doesnt chew em properly. I mix and match the above.

the first link pushed me over to going raw, its got some good info and also a starter point depending on what size dog you have.

Her coat is much better and she has less waste. And shes actually eating thank god!

I seal the organ meat on the pan b4 i give it to her cos she wont eat that raw, and once every 2 weeks i make a stew for her.

hope this helps. add me to msn messenger if u like cucking_fat_leo@hotmail.com .
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Thanks Jenny...

I don't use msn but I do use yahoo do you have that? my name on yahoo is myschievousgirl...I would love to find out as much as I can about feeding raw and I think you do get the best idea from people who are actually putting it to practise...One thing I do know is that keena will eat it all raw as she goes nuts for anything uncooked little wild girl...lol...Although I must say the only thing that ever so slightly phases her is raw liver she took a peice and had it in her mouth and kept spitting it back with a look of ewww on her face, she did eat it eventually though...hmmm and this is coming from a dog who will eat slugs and spiders amongst other nasties!...lol
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 11:21 PM
For Pickles I use gravy or animal fat like off the chicken or bacon on a sunday! Another alternative would be beef dripping!
I agree that adding bits and pieces to the food makes them more picky! Pic gets either of the above added (otherwise he just wouldn't eat!) and if he doesn't eat that he gets nothing else for the rest of the day!
I don't have a problem with this as I know he won't starve to death if he misses a meal. But it's taken about 2 years to convince my mother that the more you add to his food the more picky he will become! You can see him thinking "If I don't eat this today who knows what sort of delacasies (sp?) I'll get tomorrow!" It really bugs me, just cos he's little she semms to think it's ok to treat him like a baby!
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

20-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by Alison N
Ours just love gravy!

They also love cottage cheese which is surprising considering there isn't much taste in it!
Hi Alison

The gravy we make from cubes or granules has a lot of salt in them, if you want to buy a salt free gravy you can but especially for dogs in most per food stores.

Stan
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4