View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 11:15 AM
i wouldnt let him use the spring pole til he is a yr old, it can damage his joints at such a young age.

re: raw food, if u go to the search at the top and type in 'barf' or 'raw feeding' there are loads of debates about it
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 11:15 AM
I haven't seen this round here in the shops yet so wondered if anyone has tried top life formula milk especially for dogs it's advertised in Your dog april copy.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Julie
I haven't seen this round here in the shops yet so wondered if anyone has tried top life formula milk especially for dogs it's advertised in Your dog april copy.
No I haven't Julie but then I only use the little local pet shop not the pet supermarket 'Wlsons' .
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks for that. So then here's my other question...if you're feeding a complete puppy food, wouldn't the puppy not need the milk? Wouldn't you be throwing off the levels of vitamins/minerals?

What growth supplements are in puppy food? This thread is a real education for me. I was under the impression that the difference in puppy food was the protein/fiber levels and nothing else.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

23-03-2005, 03:22 PM
My dogs both get given goats milk - they love it I heat it up for them so it is warm and they normally fall asleep after getting it.
Meg
Supervisor

23-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mr.Spock
Thanks for that. So then here's my other question...if you're feeding a complete puppy food, wouldn't the puppy not need the milk? Wouldn't you be throwing off the levels of vitamins/minerals?
What growth supplements are in puppy food? This thread is a real education for me. I was under the impression that the difference in puppy food was the protein/fiber levels and nothing else.
Quite so Mr Spock I think all the complete puppy foods vary in content and that the good ones are balances and need no more added to them, but you need to follow the manufacturers instruction on that one. However as I stated in my earlier post I do not like or feed a complete puppy food to puppies, and I do not like suppliments much either. You see I am a bit of a food nut and believe for both humans and dogs if you feed the best quality, fresh food with no 'additives' suppliments are not needed, with whole fresh food the ingredients work together to extract the best/most from each other. Very little enters my house that is not fresh or organic, (canned fish and some pulses being the exception ) the same goes for baby food..non of the stuff that tastes like wallpaper paste for my babies thank you children in my house have always had the same fresh food as grownups but liquidised (that includes curry to a baby too )
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2005, 03:53 PM
My oldest sam 17 regularly has cows milk sometimes mixed with water he loves it and can't be that bad for him really as he is pretty old! But might be to do with his breed
Meg
Supervisor

23-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Footybird11
My oldest sam 17 regularly has cows milk sometimes mixed with water he loves it and can't be that bad for him really as he is pretty old! But might be to do with his breed
Hi Footybird as I said in my previous post some dogs past puppyhood are lactose intollerant but not all, so you are advised not to give cows milk as it gives them a runny tummy if they are, but I have given cows milk to dogs in the past (farm dogs get lots ) but I would not suggest you do so in case it makes your dog ill
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2