View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2006, 09:04 PM

Vitalin dog food - where can I get big sacks from?

Hiya, when i was a kid my dad used to get massive sacks of vitalin complete dog food(they were paper sacks like potato sacks), but the biggest i can find online is 15kg, but im sure they were bigger than this. I can only buy it online as we cant get it in our town(cant get much in our town..............lol) so please if anyone can help please let me know. also the "online shop" must deliver as my partner is in the middle of his driving lessons so we cant yet take ourselves anywhere. any help/advice will be greatly apprecieted, thanks in advance, love rach xx
rachous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Sorry the point was does anyone know where i can get one of these big sacks of vitalin from??? thanks love rach xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Sorry, can't help you Rachael, but I use massive bags of dog food and they're always 14 or 15kg?

Just as a matter of interest though, why do you want to use this food, as we've moved on in a big way now with highly palatable nutritious, researched foods, made by numerous companies and I can't understand why you want to go back in time so to speak! Maybe there's a particular reason behind it? Good luck in your quest anyway
rachous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Hiya, well it wasnt really all THAT long ago im only 25. But the reason is all our dogs loved this and its not so cheap that its no good but its not so expensive that i cant afford to feed my kids(if you know what i mean). Im sure this company has also moved on with the times and changed some things as to how they make the food, but if anyone knows of any other affordable brands who sell the big bags, let me know. I must point out that i havent actually seen the 15kg bag but im working it out on the 2.5kg bags i buy now and as i work it out it would be nowhere near as big as the bags my dad used to get. thanks anyway. love rach xx
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Maybe it was cos you were smaller that the sacks seemed bigger!

Vitalin - isn't that quite cereal based - looks like rabbit food?
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:31 PM
I love Vitalin - personally - and dudley loves it too - it's suitable for the diet we make for our rats - and it's excellent stuff. Dudley hasa fabulous coat and is in great condition - and he's a sensitive tummy - vitalin seems to just work for him. We used the gold menu until recently - which we bought online - and then we found that Pets At Home sold the Royale. We bought a sack of that - and that's going down well - but i HATE shopping in PAH - so we scouted about - and now I've found another local feed stockist who will order the Gold for me. Wilkinsons actually sell the Gold Menu - and you can buy the 15 kg sacks from them. the ordinary original menu I find isn't as good as the royale and gold - so i would advise them - and if you google GPS Direct - they sell them

hth

xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by rachous
Hiya, well it wasnt really all THAT long ago im only 25. But the reason is all our dogs loved this and its not so cheap that its no good but its not so expensive that i cant afford to feed my kids(if you know what i mean). Im sure this company has also moved on with the times and changed some things as to how they make the food, but if anyone knows of any other affordable brands who sell the big bags, let me know. I must point out that i havent actually seen the 15kg bag but im working it out on the 2.5kg bags i buy now and as i work it out it would be nowhere near as big as the bags my dad used to get. thanks anyway. love rach xx
Hi again There's somebody on here called Stephanie, who knows of a good, cheaper dried dog food and I think it was only about £7 for a 14kg. sack if I've got that right? That's an amazing price isn't it! Maybe that is Vitalin, but I don't think so. Maybe pm her and ask what it is?
rachous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi Helena how do i find the profiles of people or do i just have to find a post she has made and do it that way? thanks love rach xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:41 PM
If you go up on the Quick Links, then on to the Dogwebbers list on the drop-down. Find Stephanie's profile and on the right hand side near the top you will see a link to "send Stephanie a private message". Write your msg in the box and submit and she should get it. I'm sure she won't mind you asking, she's very nice.
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2006, 09:32 AM
years ago horse and dog feed were in larger sacks 20-22k,that all changed and now they are mainly 15k now

there are a lot of completes round about the 7-8 quid mark
tesco do a great one called gusto 4.99 for 10k,i have used it on my dogs and danes can be a bit dodgy in the bowel area,but no problems with it,firm stools and held thier weight,tesco also do online shopping and deliver