Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by springergirl
thanks everyone for your advice! the flexi-joint tablets she is on contain glucosamin, chondroitin and ester c. she is also on liquid omega 3. there is a hydrotherapy pool near me but you have to be referred there by your vet. i would like to go to one where you can swim with your dogs in a heated pool! how cool would that be! as i say she isn't in any pain at the moment so i hope i have caught it in time. do you think i should take her to the vets too just to check her over? cheers
Hi Springer girl maybe if you want a referral and it's a good idea to get regular vets checks anyway...
..these are a couple of day to day things I would suggest...
..a number of small walks rather than long ones,
..not too much exercise on hard surfaces that put pressure on joints, grass is better,
..if she gets wet dry her off rather than let her sit about cold and wet.
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2006, 09:23 AM
hi there,

she gets 3 to 4 walks a day depending if i'm off work or not. they range from half an hour to an hour and a half, do you think maybe i'm over-doing it for her and maybe reduce them to 4 or 5 half hour walks? think i'll book her in the vets next week for an oap check! bless her!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2