View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AxlAndChaos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2006, 09:08 PM
i probably shouldnt post this incase i offend but i agree with luz and bodhi, you can see her spine sticking up and she looks all boney not muscley axl is the same build as laura's dog, can see his ribs and he has the "whippet" looking behind, but he's all muscle, no bones sticking out, and minky danny as usual looks gorgeous
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 01:56 AM
Im very curious still Laura, I know your on-line now, but have the question niggling me about your dogs weight, her spine is showing and the ribs are protuding, to me it doesnt look healthy. I have said Im no expert and I welcome you to put me wrong.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

25-03-2006, 02:06 AM
Luz - please don't push push people to answer questions, asking once is suffice, if they choose to answer they will, if they don't then that's their own perogative.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

25-03-2006, 07:45 AM
Must say have to agree with the others Laura, your dog does look underweight, you can count her ribs & see her spine
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 01:02 PM
She is at what they call peak weight, maximum strength at minimum weight. Took a lot of hard work to get her into that shape, lots of good food coupled with loads of exercise (biking, walking, swimming). Some people cant see past the ribs that are visible, not seeing the waggy tail, wet nose, bright eyes and raring to go attitude if she was underweight she would not perform like she does besides she eats twice as much when in that shape people just are not used to seeing dogs so lean that is her show condition she doesnt stay at that weight all of the time just like an athlete she does a lot of training then gets a rest period. That is what would be considered pit weight, I think people are used to seeing overweight staffs when they see one in really good nick they reckon it looks too thin..
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 01:04 PM
And she is all muscle but as those with white dogs will testify it is near impossible to get a decet shot of a white dog showing much muscle. She is solid to the touch, a lot of hours went into getting her feed and exercise just right and if people saw a conditioned dog and an underweight dog you can tell the difference straight away. I said somewhere before an underweight dog has no lust for life, a dull, depressed demeanour whereas the conditioned dog at peak weight is raring to go, full of life and at their physical peak...
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Thanks for answering Laura, I can see from the picture your dog is happy & healthy, I wasnt being rude asking or as Azz said 'pushing it' I knew you would reply. I was just curious.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2