View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I hope you managed to get some answers this evening, Linda..... I really feel for you hon. One of my shibas was epi, but very mild, and even that was pretty scary. I imagine what you/Loki are experiencing is pretty ghastly.

Large hugs and Ginger squishies coming your way, chick

You're all in my thoughts

x0x
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Huge hugs and howls from the gang to Loki, Linda. I hope you get him sorted out xx gnasher xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Hoping all went well at the vets and that medication can be adjusted to suit your boy and keep his seizures under control.

Horrible, horrible disease both for those suffering it and those witnessing it.

I really do hope you manage to get things sorted out xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks to you all.

Well Loki behaved impeccably at the vets and she (a different one to the one I spoke to on the phone) said she has seen some dogs take a little longer to shrug off the side effects and could only advise we give it a little longer.

We don't have any choice really because the alternative is to carry on as before but the fits are becoming so frequent it's not an option really.

Thanks so much for the support - and thanks Azz.
xxx
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Aww I'm glad he was a good boy, and that the vet seems positive about it all

The Epihen are all ready to send - I'll try and get them out tomorrow... unless we're snowed in
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-04-2012, 05:44 AM
Keeping everything crossed he adjusts to the meds soon. Big (((hugs))) to all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Fingers crossed that Loki responds well and that the side-effects wear off quickly.

Big hugs from the two of us. xxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Well, we're some weeks on now. Loki is still having a bit of a problem with the hind legs. Not as bad as it was but it's not 100%. He is happy in himself though.

The vet says she is not overly concerned and with this level of ataxia, if there is an improvement with the number of fits, it is worth keeping things as they are.

He had blood tests - no change in his liver since a year ago . The pheno levels are low but the dose is low so as expected as it's an addition to the bromide he's already on. So it's still a case of waiting to see how this drug affects the epilepsy.
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2012, 02:01 PM
I hope Loki is on an even keel very soon.
I have absolutely no experience of epilepsy in dogs so cannot even hazard a guess on anything concerning it, but I have had dogs with serious conditions and all you want is to make them better or just make their quality of life good. You can only be guided by vets and those who have the experience and knowledge.
Thinking of you and Loki.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Well, we're some weeks on now. Loki is still having a bit of a problem with the hind legs. Not as bad as it was but it's not 100%. He is happy in himself though.
Not 100% but it is a bit better than it was, which cannot really be bad. And Loki is happy in himself, which is definitely A Good Thing.

The vet says she is not overly concerned and with this level of ataxia, if there is an improvement with the number of fits, it is worth keeping things as they are.
If the frequency of his seizures is less often than it was, then some ataxia is probably worth it. The saying "a dopy dog is better than a dead dog" comes to mind, and Loki's seizures had to be controlled. As long as he is happy and the ataxia is not excessive, and there is an improvement regarding his seizures, then I think it is worth waiting to see how he is when he has been on Pb a bit longer.

He had blood tests - no change in his liver since a year ago . The pheno levels are low but the dose is low so as expected as it's an addition to the bromide he's already on. So it's still a case of waiting to see how this drug affects the epilepsy.
Great news about the liver test result! I obviously cannot comment about his Pb levels as he is also on Kbr - he is also on a low dose and he has not be on it very long. Pereg is just on Pb and as you know her Pb level was almost spot-on between the low/high levels.

Big (((hugs))) to both you and the lovely Loki from both of us! xxx
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >