Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
The best one I met was a very blonde, pink-faced child rejoicing in the name Ebony

For some peculiar reason, OTT double barrelled names are becoming increasingly popular in this part of Scotland. Bearing in mind their mothers may be called something like Morag, Jean etc, and they have a 100% Scottish accent.....Madison-Jay, Alanna-Jane...the reason I heard these names in the middle of the town centre?.....'Madison-Jay! Get over here NOW!'. I mean, come on?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 02:53 PM
I saw in the local paper in Essex once on the new babies page a baby called Shogun (prob after the 4 x 4)

In Asda in Tilbury once there was a woman shouting out Chanel .......and Atlanta but in really bad english, you know like Waynetta Slob, she looked like her too

God help the poor kids they haven't got a chance
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I saw in the local paper in Essex once on the new babies page a baby called Shogun (prob after the 4 x 4)

In Asda in Tilbury once there was a woman shouting out Chanel .......and Atlanta but in really bad english, you know like Waynetta Slob, she looked like her too

God help the poor kids they haven't got a chance
I know exactly what you mean!

We've got a Versace up here.....in the West of Scotland.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 03:04 PM
The best one I met was a very blonde, pink-faced child rejoicing in the name Ebony

You know I am so glad I started this thread I have never laughed so much in a long time. It's not just me then.

Another thing that gets up my snout is...You know when you reach a certain age, and your walking down the high street you suddenly realise that you have become invisible

The younger generation don't even seem to know you exist, they walk into your path blabbing on about what they did last night,....bla bla bleedin bla. How wonderful their lives are and how the universe revolves around them. They bump you and look at you like you a piece of sh*t on their shoe or worse, don't even see you at all.

Is it true that when you reach a certain age you become beige

Elaine xx
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 03:08 PM
There was a brother and sister at the school I did work experience at called Boris and Ocean.. No kidding and then there was N'taahliahh in town the other week
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I know exactly what you mean!

We've got a Versace up here.....in the West of Scotland.

poor child, mind you we have a Calico that lives up the road....I mean? come on!!! who do these people think they are? they live in the Twilight zone, they must do

Elaine xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Well I've got a Maisy-Beth in my village, all 8 yrs. old of her, God help her when she gets to be a teenager, unless of course she's emigrated to the Southern US states by that time, then I expect she'll fit in just fine!
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Oh - just remembered...what really gets up my nose cos I work with the Great British Public`s children...

Names with made-up spellings!

lucie

aarron

rebeka

toni, kati, suzi etc

sorry - are these your children?
my eldest daughters middle name is Rebekah <--- note the H on the end this is the Biblical spelling of Rebekah though. Her first name is Sharnah which in Arabic means gift of god (she was a prem baby and the name suited her).
youngest is called Bethany (middle name)Ruth , again Biblical names which I just thought suited her well at the time. ( She now likes to call her self Beth

Other things that gets right on my wick... People blocking my car in..
People saying "its just a dog" when they find out you are greiving for a lost pet
My teenage daughter blasting out MTV music channel all bloody day long..
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
my eldest daughters middle name is Rebekah <--- note the H on the end this is the Biblical spelling of Rebekah though. Her first name is Sharnah which in Arabic means gift of god (she was a prem baby and the name suited her).
youngest is called Bethany (middle name)Ruth , again Biblical names which I just thought suited her well at the time. ( She now likes to call her self Beth

Other things that gets right on my wick... People blocking my car in..
People saying "its just a dog" when they find out you are greiving for a lost pet
My teenage daughter blasting out MTV music channel all bloody day long..
Oh yea that one!!!! I hate that too
Elaine xxx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
oops! No offence intended.
I`ll probably insult a lot more people now (but why stop when you`re on a roll)

hyphenated surnames
You know, like Chelsey Witherington-Bottomley. Not because this is a union of two great families but because the first husband has kicked up about changing HIS child`s name to that of hubby # 2. It just takes so long to do the register these days.
Page 9 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »