Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jess228
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-10-2013, 11:59 AM

Gsd x Alaskan mal

Just seen does anyone think the gsd mal is a bad cross I have seen mixed reviews on other websites mine is 4month old and I think she is more gsd than mal(see pic) I no she needs a lot of walking and grooming and I'm just wondering is there anything else to look out for as I have young kids but she seems fine with them as I got her at 8weeks
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 12:33 PM
You will probably find that she can be very same sex aggressive, but you are getting her as a puppy so it is up to you to be aware of this and train her accordingly.

As with any dog, never leave young kids alone with her, but I see no reason why she should not be fine with them. Both breeds are excellent with children especially when brought up with them from puppihood.

I can't see your picture unfortunately - my computer at work won't let me download pictures, but I am sure she is absolutely gorgeous!!
Jess228
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks she's ok with them she was abit hyper at first but now when she's told no she walks away I think she is more gsd than mal as I have hard mals can b hard to train and I seem to b geting on fine expect the odd time when I'm chasing her around the field for 20min ha but she is just a pup so I'm hopping she will grow out of that soon what food would people recommend on here I changed her to burns puppy food a month back and it's a lot better than what I was feeding her and I was thinking of changing her to burns adult at around 5-6 months
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Personally for a dog of this genetic mix I would definitely recommend raw feeding every time.

You will find loads of helpful information on this site if you do a search for "raw" or "BARF".
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-10-2013, 01:46 PM
I part own this mix, and he is lovely, really laid back and good as gold. He is the father of my forthcoming litter.
As Nikki knows I already feed raw and he is a testament to it, as are all my other girlies
Jess228
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Ok thanks 4 the info