View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 04:21 PM
I quite enjoyed it, and it was lovely to see a Beardie doing what they were bred to do
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 04:34 PM
I enjoyed watching It was really sad when Hollie left the man though, he looked so upset! I'm sure she'll be great in her job. They didn't show whether she was still destructive in his house though
I loved Herbie :smt007 he was so funny. I loved it when the woman said she was boss and he was sneaking up behind her

I wish more dogs could have the chance these two did
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2007, 04:35 PM
I taped it and watched this morning didn't think I was in such an emotional mood today had me blubbing especially when he left Holly.
I enjoyed it and thought it was a great programme.
Wanda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2007, 06:51 PM
I really enjoyed the programme, and pleased the person narrating made the point that if more rescue dogs were trained, more would find homes and less would be destroyed.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 07:11 PM
I found it by chance after watching James Martin.
What a great programme, I enjoyed every moment and will be watching the repeat on Sunday
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Arent the Beardies different to the show ones? They are really a working dogs arent they, you can understand how one could quickly get into trouble.
Dawn.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Great to see more publicity for rescue dogs

Although I have to say I didn't like Barbara Sykes handling of Herbie one bit (from what the film crew showed anyway)

Lovely relationship the bloodhound had with his trainer
Wanda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2007, 07:37 PM
I thought she handled Herbie really well - he was a strong little character, looking to be the boss, and at the end of it he certainly didn't seem frightened of her, in fact it was very obvious he had bonded really well with her. I think it's horses for courses - some dogs need a more rough and ready kind of handling than others. I know with my Sadie that I only have to look at her in a particular way and she knows she's pushing things, whereas with Foxy I have to be really firm and tough or she would walk all over me!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Arent the Beardies different to the show ones? They are really a working dogs arent they, you can understand how one could quickly get into trouble.
Dawn.
Working Beardies are a completely different dog to the show type. They NEED a job to do! My boyfriend has had 3 or 4 during his working life as a shepherd.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
Although I have to say I didn't like Barbara Sykes handling of Herbie one bit (from what the film crew showed anyway)
What didn't you like about Barbara's training methods??? I thought she did a wonderful job with Herbie.
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »