Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Stormey,

Storm must have learnt somehow that the behaviour gets rewarded somehow (by getting into the chair).

I don't think dogs are able to be manipulative, they learn rewarding behaviours and act on them. Just like they don't work to please you, they work because they know that when you're happy, good things happen.
the behaviour did not get rewarded as he was shifted right back off.
I would say that some people say they are not able to be manipulative and some like me are of the opinion that I am not sure but untill we can understand 100% about dogs we will never know..
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
the behaviour did not get rewarded as he was shifted right back off.
I would say that some people say they are not able to be manipulative and some like me are of the opinion that I am not sure but untill we can understand 100% about dogs we will never know..
Fair dos
Doggies4Evers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-05-2007, 07:55 PM
lots of different views there. ^-^
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-05-2007, 09:00 PM
but untill we can understand 100% about dogs we will never know..
How right you are. I am finding through reading and forums such as this that no matter what is written or said, humans do not now, and probably never will, know 100% what goes on in a dogs mind.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 09:06 PM
I use to agree with patch and mini untill I was told that when I was out my sister was sat on Storms fave chair, he stood up barked at the door and when my sister stood up to answer it he got on the chair and went asleep, and surprise surprise no one at the door, now I did not belive it untill I saw him do it myself and was shocked to say the least. I would consider this to be manipulative.

This reminded me of Mitzi my old Dog she used to tap on my Boyfriends(now husband ) back in bed he would get up to let her out as he thought she needed the loo and she would jump into his warm space and go to sleep she defiantly knew what she was doing
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2007, 09:42 PM
My female Basset will often get out the favourite toy and entice my male Basset to come and play with her (he is quite dense at times) when he is on the sofa. As soon as he chases her, she drops the toy and runs for the sofa. I've noticed from this thread that it is the female of the species who seem to know how to get what they want!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2