View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 09:21 PM
I think patience is the virtue now. No going over old ground and wait for the KC recognition & book.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Is the book about NI or Utes and do I take it that as you are writing this book you are the breeder who developed the breed and if so which one? Please do not get annoyed, your comments are just the views of one person and other give different if not opposing views so is it any wonder people get confused. If you did originate the breed and can give answers to my inquires that is wonderful but do I have to wait for the book, why can we not have an outline now.

What was the concept – what was the aim
(have heard and read it was to produce a wolf look-alike)
What were the original breeds used and how were they used
How did the breeding progress
How often did you have to out breed
How many bitches did you use
How many times did you have to take a step back or did you have to start again.
How many bitches and dogs do you now have in your breeding program that are breeding true to type and what is that type and who decided on the type and when.

Would be grateful if you can answer these basic questions as over the years I have been very interested in the development of breeds and as most took place many years ago for a specific reason I am particularly interested in a breed developed in the present time, the only other I can think of is the Eurasier and that was not undertaken in this country.

Realise you must be busy writing the book but you must have the facts at your finger tips so a response would be welcome and should not take too much of your valuable time.

I think patience is the virtue now. No going over old ground and wait for the KC recognition & book.
This is true but are we talking 6 months or six years, surely it is not too much to ask to be given some information as I said before why is it a secret.
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 09:44 PM
thorndell,i think all you want to do is critasise are breed becouse were not yet kc registerd,ive already answerd your first question tonite on why the breed was developed [ie not just for looks].do i have to repeat my self ,why dont you accept my offer and come down sometime ,meet my dogs,and have a cup of tea and chat.or too make it easier perhaps ni can arrange to meet you half way and we take them for a nice country run.the balls in your court
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2006, 09:44 PM
i have a friend who loves wolves,he wanted a dog who looked like a wolf,he was gonna get a sibe,i pionted him in the direction of NIs,he bought one after we researched them on the net,accous,i think thats how its spelt,is a beautiful dog,great temp,fantstic family dog,often seen jumping up n down on the trampoline with the kids he is so laid back,i found out about them when one came into the boarding kennels i used to work,that too was a beautiful,great tempered dog,so ive only met 2 so not in a position to comment really but i will LOL,they are beautiful dogs
sarah and the gang xxxx
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 10:00 PM
yep, thats typ[cal northern inuit very laid back and takes everything in there stride
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Sorry but if I gave all the answers on here then who would buy the book?
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 10:13 PM
i think the main thing is for every thorndell who likes to critersise the ni,we have 50 others that love them.the ones that love them are the ones that have taken the time to meet them and got to know them,and there the people that matter, and makes you feel proud to be a northern inuit owner or breeder.
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 10:17 PM
well said Julie - they are most certainly a breed apart! There's not breed out there to match them.
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2006, 10:25 PM
hey whoa,now then,i said they are great dogs,but to say there isnt a breed out there to match them,now,great danes are fantastic laid back dogs,rotties are intelligent and loyal,bassets are born comedians,all dogs have a place,everyone has thier personal favourite,i just love dogs if OH would let me i would have another,will have to buy him an xbox 360
sarah and the gang xxx
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2006, 10:29 PM
an xbox360 well i think thats a small price to pay lol,go on treat him and treat yourself
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 22 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »