Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2016, 06:38 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday 29th September

Good morning everyone, shall be glad when the stinking cold eases off. Kitchen is sorted might have to some shifting around to accommodate things better but will see.

Lyn, glad Mark got his little van and is happy with it and that you may get your car back tomorrow all done! Yippee.

Perhaps the bad spell is coming to an end. Griff hope you are ok. Norma, Mandy too.

Harvey you, your OH and the two dogs hope you are all ok.

Brenda, did you do blog on last Saturdays training?

June hope all is well with yourself and your girls.

Have a good day all, hope LG is enjoying his trip into the highlands. Stay warm and dry everyone and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-09-2016, 06:53 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Hope the cold gets better soon Moyra maybe rest today and leave the kitchen re-arranging till another day ?

I hope the car is sorted now and I am sure the guy who sold it will be too. Gorden did say that would all make sense timing belt not right can cause many problems including those I experienced. Lucky it didn't do any real damage.
Today I will be tidying the mondeo and popping out to get Mark a bulb for one of his headlights and possibly some seat covers the front seats are a mess. Been a decorators van. He did say if it didn't have the back seats he would of walked away but he can fit the boys in and take them fishing when he has time.
He will be finishing glossing Paul and Beth's windows.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends to.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2016, 07:24 AM
Hi Moyra and all who like to read this. Have put it here because the website is being modified so hope Azz doesn't mind. Hope everyone is ok and baring up under all that they have to put up with. I will pop in now and then but feeling fed up myself at the moment. Take Care all. xx Sorry but no pic of Tyto as I am not sure how to do it.

Fifth week and the last one for this course of Lancing Canine Obedience Group’s Puppies and Juniors. Well happy to say they all passed. Very well done to everyone. So to put their name in lights: In The Puppy Class there were: Parsnip and Sue, Tilly and Rachel, Buddy and Janine. In the Junior Class there were; Dylan and Christine, Dave and Demelza, Betsy and Nichola, Oscar and Leanne. They all worked really well. The heelwork is coming along nicely and there stay work was very good. The Instant Downs will need a little more work but the star of the Instant Down away from their owner was Betsy the Border Collie. Betsy has not been with the owner long and the work is fabulous. They have now taken on another rescue collie who I am sure will be just as good after a few months of acclimatising to the world around him. Our next course starts in mid October so hopefully we will see some of the ones that attended today alongside some new puppies.
So just a short one this week with the news of the passes.
Have fun in this lovely autumnal weather. My favourite time of the year except when it snows which for me is even nicer.
Slack Leads all Brenda and Tyto, who believe it or not will be 11 in two months time. Where has all that time gone to? Mind you with Sara reaching a number with a 0 on the end that also makes me wonder where has the time gone to. Bfn more next time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	tyto going.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	5244  
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-09-2016, 07:44 AM

Tulips are better than one

Good morning we have a damp patio this morning, yes we have had some of that wet stuff from up above. Need a lot more as the ground is rock hard and the rain isn't soaking in.

I wonder what the boss has planned for today?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2016, 07:46 AM
Good morning

Do hope you find your kitchen workable once you have been in there a few times Moyra.

Well done on the van Lynn and hope he has many miles trouble free motoring and enjoyable trips out with the boys.

Enjoyed the read Brenda and do hope you have a good turn out when you restart.

Wet and miserable here with heavy drizzle fortunately nothing planned so looks like I may get a lazy day Bread in bread maker and meat in slow cooker for meat pie making tomorrow as looking through freezer not much to give to son who will be over this weekend.

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2016, 08:04 AM
Morning all
Moyra, you rest up and get yourself well
Lynn, have a look at argos or wilko for the seat covers...they sometimes have some cheapish ones and wilko also sell wheel trims i believe
Sue, i have my slow cooker on today...making stew Lol my dad said it smelt awful Lol
Brenda, sorry you still feel down, have you had a word with the Dr?
Tumbleweed, lovely photos as always
Will be off to Steves this afternoon most likely, i hope it doesn't rain as having the crutches i can't use an umbrella and none of my coats have hoods...not that i would wear them anyway as it would flatten my hair Lol
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2016, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning everyone, shall be glad when the stinking cold eases off. Kitchen is sorted might have to some shifting around to accommodate things better but will see.

Lyn, glad Mark got his little van and is happy with it and that you may get your car back tomorrow all done! Yippee.

Perhaps the bad spell is coming to an end. Griff hope you are ok. Norma, Mandy too.

Harvey you, your OH and the two dogs hope you are all ok.

Brenda, did you do blog on last Saturdays training?

June hope all is well with yourself and your girls.

Have a good day all, hope LG is enjoying his trip into the highlands. Stay warm and dry everyone and above all safe and well, God bless.
One word Moyra! Echinacea - bloody brilliant stuff. I am sure you will already know of it, but it is a flower that many of us will have in our gardens. You can buy it anywhere, Boots etc. etc., and it comes in tablet form. Take one of those every day and you will never get a cold. It can help prevent flu as well. I tend to take it during the winter, and
then stop completely. The minute I get that familiar tickle in my throat, I immediately take 2 and then one daily thereafter for a few weeks, and then stop again until the winter comes or I get another tickle!

It is one of few herbal remedies that have proved to be efficacious by the FDA. Foolishly, whilst away last week I missed one day and a cold came out but compared to the stinkers I usually get, it has been nothing, just a slight runny nose and a little bit of a cough. Even if you have a cold, taking echinacea will reduce the symptoms - hth!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Well stress who needs it. I don't. Went to the vets this morning to pick up some ointment for Tyto that the vet said I could have for 6 months on prescription, only to be told that I couldn't have it despite being phoned and told I could pick it up. Apparently someone has decided that they want to see him and should have phoned me back but they hadn't. So I said not to worry when I need him to be seen I will bring him in. I have sent them a complaint because Ihad a wasted journey. Grr!! Then I went into the chemist to pick up a prescription for me, only to be told it hadn't arrived. Huh no wonder I don't trust the medical profession. Rant over. Off to Toscas the Italian Restaurant for lunch to celebrate Saras birthday today. Keep your fingers crossed for me that nothing goes wrong with that. ttfn. And oh yes echinacea and vitamin c is great to help get rid of colds and prevent them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Morning all who have followed Mark been otteirn with the car got bulb out that needs replacing I will pop out later for that but the boot lock has a problem he can either lock it or not. The barrel is spinning but he hasn't much time to fiddle at the moment needs to finish painting Paul and Beth's windows now it's stopped raining.
He will have a little time tomorrow before going to Harlow for the weekend.

brenda hope you feel better soon and what a lot of stress this morning. Enjoy the meal sure it will all be fine.
griff hope the stew tastes nice I am sure it will.
Lovely picture of the tulips.
Sue enjoy your day and bread.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Brenda, what a faff, i am sure the meal will be o.k
Lynn, the clip may have come off the back of the lock, if not you can get a replacement barrel, cheapest way is just to buy the barrel and have a different key for the boot...otherwise you have to have the lock built to the key (i used to hate having to do that job Lol). As for the stew, well dad has decided he will risk a bit, i won't touh it as it has meat in it, mum doesn't want any so Steve will have plenty of meals for going back to work Lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >