Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2009, 10:58 AM

Mom's in Hospital

After spending the last two weeks telling me she was having problems going to the toilet and cunningly letting us all think she meant number 2's, it was the weeing side.....she is so stubborn though, and she knew all along that if she saw a Doctor they would put her in hosital again.

Nearly 88 you's think she'd know better, but she is so independant.

Anyway she was taken in last night, her kidneys packed in and all the fluid was going into her legs, making them huge balloons.
Her heart was working overtime....3 times faster than normal, so they have slowed that down and she has spent the whole night weeing as they have re-booted the kidneys with medication.

We know that this is a borrowed time extension, we were warned last year that she has renal failure and it is rapid. Not sure if Mom feels like that though as she bounces back that many times, how she works through the pain god knows....I am sure in a former life she was a Border Collie

My sister is the voice of doom and gloom, she's already had me sucidial with it....just been on the phone.

Luckily I have already been onto the Pilgrim Hospital and spoken to the Staff Nurse, who tells me Mom is ''sparkling'' this morning and they will know whether she can go home once the Doctor has done her rounds and provided all the test results are in (5 Viles of blood taken yesterday) but reassured me that Mom is such a determined lady that she is already moaning about having to get jobs done and can not stay too long there

My sister....well she is the ''Oh! No they won't let her out (just told her what the staff nurse said) I saw a blue band on her wrist last night....that means they are keeping her in....''I know how these hospitals work''.....not that she have ever worked in a hospital, but then my sister knows everything, I am sure she invented everything.

Will ring later this afternoon...........if they do keep her there, they'll have a little on thier hands.

Well will keep you updated. Why she moved to Lincoln god knows..........so far away
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2009, 11:02 AM
So sorry to hear this honey. I know mum was talked into moving to Lincoln by your sister.....

She sounds like such a fighter - I'm sure she'll be home soon.

Big hugs, sweetie, I'll be thinking of you all x0x0x
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Big Hugs for your Mom Steph . . . ((((( Steph's Mom ))))) . . . sounds like she is a fighter and I hope she gets better soon x x x x x x x x
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2009, 11:13 AM
sending hugs to you and your mum Steph

hope she is home soon

xx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2009, 11:29 AM
*hugs* hun, it makes it worse when you are further away doesn't it. Your mum sounds like a real force of nature, hopefully she is back home soon x
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

21-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Sorry to hear this Steph.

Comforting hugs to you. Your Mum sounds one determined Lady and I do hope she gets home soon.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Aww - big hugs.

It must be awful with her being ill.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2009, 12:05 PM
big hugs to you and yours hun x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Oh Steph, so sorry to hear about your mum, what is it with mums, this weekend of all the weekends
Hope she makes a full recovery hun, My Dad was 89 and still living independly.
Good stern stuff that were born then eh? If they could withstand Hitler they can withstand anything
Hugs and prayers (((())))
Elaine xxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Hugs Steph, hope she's okay x
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »