Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 04:55 PM

Grumble grumble grumble!

I now know how Victor Meldrew feels as I'm just getting fed up with so much at the moment.

First. last Saturday I went into M&S to get some bits. I had £25 in vouchers given to me at Xmas by a client, and one day, a few weeks ago I bought my lunch with one of the £5 vouchers so they said they had to give me my change back on a gift card.... about £1 something.
So, on Saturday I went to pay, giving them the gift card first.
'there's only about a pound something on there' I said.
But no, it was totally blank, said the card hadn't even been registered!. Sheisters!
So manager had to be called, and they gave me £2 off my shopping (should've said there was £20 on it!).

Then I rang the council on Tuesday as I was sure I should've had a council tax bill. Oh yes they sent it on the 10th... well it's not here. So the nice lady said she would put me through to accounts as legally they have to give you 14 days notice, and obviously I haven't had that as first installment due next Tuesday, so they'd probably put my payments back a month.
Snotty mare said no, they'd sent the letter which was all the proof they needed, but would send another one.
It still isn't here.

Then today I get a call from Drive Assist who give you a larger coutesy car when you have an accident, which I did last June in France. That's if you pay a weeny bit extra for a bigger courtesy car on your insurance.
It wasn't our fault (three cars shunted ito the back of ours by some nutter).
Anyway, at the time I'd only had the car a day when they phoned to say they'd realised they shouldn't have given me a car as the accident was abroad and they couldn't claim the cost back. So I had to swap the big car for a normal little one (which I liked better anyway).
So they rang me today to ask if I could send them all the details of my accident as they've decided they can claim it back.
Bloody no! Is what I said!
It was their mistake, they are the ones who said I could have a bigger car then changed their minds, which caused a lot of hassle, and now they wanted me, to find my folder with all the documents in and photocopy them for them so they could claim money back for a car I should've had for the whole time, not just one day!

There's plenty more but I'll stop there lol.
I did think of Helena when I was in M&S though, lol, I wasn't going to leave until it was sorted lol.

Sorry for the rant, but it's helped.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm glad you added that last bit about me there, coz all the time I was reading through this I thought to myself "good on you, that's just what I would have done/said"!!!Lol!!!! Especially the bit about YOU having to take the time and trouble to look through YOUR paperwork for THEM - yeah right, that's gonna happen isn't it!!!!

Now you've saved me all the time and trouble of writing about my own rants of the week, coz I sooooo enjoyed reading all about yours, it was as good as being there myself! LMAO!!! xxx