Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarcusF
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-03-2011, 11:17 PM

Advice on supplement strengths

A while ago I bought the supplements my dogs have from Healthspan and have since thrown the packaging away. Now I can't for the life of me remember which strength I had.

Vitamin E - 200iu or 400iu? and which strength of Omega 3 capsules are suggested? There are quite a few on there now.

Both dogs weigh about 28kg.

Cheers
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 12:05 PM
I use the Opti omega 3 1000mg because of its very high DHA/EPA content, some of the others already contain Vitamin E, and as it is very hard to OD on this either strength is applicable but I would go with 200 iu daily if a dog is getting a good diet.

I take the same supplements as my dogs, hence why I find Healthspan so useful, as well as their being an EXCELLENT quality product.
MarcusF
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks Smokeybear, that's perfect. I also give them Starflower capsules and they contain 5mg of vitamin E also, so I'll go with the 200iu as suggested.

Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post

I take the same supplements as my dogs, hence why I find Healthspan so useful, as well as their being an EXCELLENT quality product.
I use them a lot - brilliant!