Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2005, 02:11 PM

nem mum syndrome...

after the visit to the vets today , millie was given a clean bill of heath... so was her daughter sky (3days old) millie has been anxious and stressed out , so the vet recommended putting her somewhere quite , well the quitest place in our house is my bedroom ... so we have moved mum and baby there , im now worried cos millie gets in her bed to feed sky , lies down with her for a bit , then leaves her in the box by herself... should new mums do this , millie is lying on the floor outside the box, ive only been peeping in , ive left them alone as the vet said, will sky br warm enough by herself?, i have 2 hot water bottles in the bed (normal bed not whelping box) the vet said sky is strong enough to go to the heat sourse if shes cold , but i thought newborns coulndt regulate there own temp ... any advice would be great....im getting worried and desperate to do the right thing ! (sky has never felt cold to the touch , but she spends lots of time in the corner of the bed!) again am i reading to much into this ...

julie
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2005, 03:31 PM
My girls that have recently whelped aren't put any where quiet! I have Poppy in the dining room with her litter and Jasmine in the kitchen with her litter. All my pups have been raised around normal household noises! It is normal for mum to get out and lie on the floor next to the whelping box. my Poppy spends a lot of her time under the dining room table, keeps going back to check and feed pups. As Sky is an 'only child' have you thought about putting a teddy in the bed with her, I have one in with each of my litters and they often snuggle up to it.

Like this!

........and yes, the pups are very good when it comes to heat, they will go to a heat pad when cold and go somewhere else when hot.
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2005, 03:38 PM
yeah we have cuddly toys in the bed ...as well as blankets and hot water bottles , just been up to do another quite check and millie was tucked up in bed with sky suckerling away nicely feel im bit calmer know.... im trying not to let millie she me stressing out , millie always sems to be warm enough so must be doing something right
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Snap CC was just going to say the same thing ..or better still a couple of little furries..(*whispers your babies are lovely..I am so envious *)