Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Tancredreynolds View Post
I dont think this was staged but disagree with your comment, "Nobody would stage such a thing." I wouldn't put it past some of the scumbags who walk the streets.
neither would i. some sick people use other dogs as bait dogs, they dont pick a specific dog just a random one off the street so people do do such things. also, if this was staged (which i dont think it was) the guy didnt have to follow the woman and get to know her route.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
neither would i. some sick people use other dogs as bait dogs, they dont pick a specific dog just a random one off the street so people do do such things. also, if this was staged (which i dont think it was) the guy didnt have to follow the woman and get to know her route.
Agreed - I don't think THIS incident was staged but it is as well to be aware that some people will, can and do take their dogs out for a bit of 'sport'. I think my dog was a victim of this when he was a puppy - a very suspicious incident involving some non-local chavs and an off-lead AMB. They got very lairy and came back to have a go at me when they saw me writing down their car reg number.
Tancredreynolds
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
And if anyone believes the scumbags wouldn't let their dog attack a guide dog or blind person then they must live in a very different world to me.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by Tancredreynolds View Post
And if anyone believes the scumbags wouldn't let their dog attack a guide dog or blind person then they must live in a very different world to me.
yep, the world never ceases to amaze me with how sick and nasty people can be, so some would think nothing of doing that... you just need to pick up a paper to see what people are capable of...
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Agreed - I don't think THIS incident was staged but it is as well to be aware that some people will, can and do take their dogs out for a bit of 'sport'. I think my dog was a victim of this when he was a puppy - a very suspicious incident involving some non-local chavs and an off-lead AMB. They got very lairy and came back to have a go at me when they saw me writing down their car reg number.
that sounds a horrible situation to be in! i have been in situations myself, where i have thought people were going to set their dog on jake.

the worst was where 3 dodgey looking guys were in the park one afternoon drinking (which made me worry), and they had a HUGE SBT, and they were all laughing and looking at us, which made me very uncomfortable. and one shouted asking how old jake was (he was still a teeny pup at the time) and brought his dog down to meet jake (massive size difference). my heart was in my mouth, and i wanted to turn and run but the dog was very friendly and i will admit i was proven wrong. but i was worried they were going to set him on jake, it is well known to do that to puppies who obviously wont win the fight.

sadly, i have heard too many horror stories about such things that i am very wary when certain people act like that.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 07:42 AM
The missing frames of footage are just those that are irrelevant to the attack. They may not show the guy clearly, which is what they wanted to do in an attempt to identify him.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Wow, glad to see the argument has moved on, leave the PC for 24 hours and the proverbial hits the fan!

Like a dog with a bone...

Without wanting to turn the spotlight on myself, it has been put forward the question should all dogs who have been involved in a fight be destroyed (with ref to somebody saying the dog was dangerous and should be PTS).

I think there is a difference when a dog attacks another for a reason or it gives warnings which the other dog doesnt heed. It looks like this dog in question saw the labrador and attacked it without any particular reason or provocation. It saw it an instantly made the decision to nail it. For me, thats where the difference lies.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Wow, glad to see the argument has moved on, leave the PC for 24 hours and the proverbial hits the fan!

Without wanting to turn the spotlight on myself, it has been put forward the question should all dogs who have been involved in a fight be destroyed (with ref to somebody saying the dog was dangerous and should be PTS).

I think there is a difference when a dog attacks another for a reason or it gives warnings which the other dog doesnt heed. It looks like this dog in question saw the labrador and attacked it without any particular reason or provocation. It saw it an instantly made the decision to nail it. For me, thats where the difference lies.
do you think a dog that attacks in this manner should be PTS then?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post

So would size, breed of dog doing the nailing matter... would you include any dog that attacked another without provocation, as a dog that would automatically get a death sentence
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 05:13 PM
It makes no difference to my opinion what kind of dog it is which attacks without provocation. I think being permanently muzzled in public would be a sufficient course of action for such dogs.
Page 20 of 22 « First < 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 >