View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Purposely have never got Hollie into a routine - when my Dad had dogs they were walked at certain times and had a certain word to say it was walk time. I always said when I had a dog I wouldn't do that as it used to be difficult if Dad's work pattern changed, or I wanted to take the dogs out. Hollie loves her walk - whenever, wherever and with whoever! (just me or Kev but you get the point)
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 08:00 PM
the way to a dogs heart is the same as a mans..................through their stomach.

thats what makes them happy.LOL !!!!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-09-2006, 08:05 PM
If i dare have a lay in at the weekend-Vegas will push his hooter in my face until i wake/get up and also snorts in my face (yuk!). He likes his routine and wont eat his breakfast until he's had his morning walk!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Well I tried to tell myself that my dogs don't have a specific routine but when I sit and think about my daily routine it would seem that my routine is their routine!!

They are fed daily at 7.45am and 4.30pm and the rest of my day is fitted around them. The main walk is teatime but as the nights draw in we will be getting earlier and earlier, trouble is if they get their main walk at lunchtime they will still expect the same walk again at teatime!! Main walk is out for a couple of hours and plenty of off-lead exercise.

Bed time is always the same routine too, everybody out for pees, my meds, washing in the washer, drying in the drier, treat biscuits all round, my drink made, then up the apples and pears. I always shout down the stairs before I put the lights out "Night night boys"
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Opps no routine here either, mostly cuz I hate routines...and I am far to much of a spontanious and sporadic person...lol

They just fit into whatever I do and they are happy
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 03:22 AM
No routine here eather! Apart from approximate feeding times & sleep patturn every day is pretty much varied.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 07:14 AM
Oh I nearly forgot- Minnies weekday routine is determined by her MEAN MOMMA who has to work full-time to pay for dog toys as I live on my own with her then we need a daytime routine of me getting up at 6 for an hour playtime/walk then home at lunch-time for an hour. Evenings and week-ends we "wing it"
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 09:37 AM
we do kinda have a routine, but bruno is adaptable.

Up and fed around between 8 & 10 am, depending on when I get up - weekends he is just as lazy as we are. However when it hits 5pm and if we are in the house - he wants fed !!! and wont stop whinging until I do !!

walkies depends on how busy at work I am and what the weather is like - but he is happy to go out whenever wherever and realistically with whoever !!!
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Because Loki comes to work with me I guess we do have the same rountine most work days, He gets on the bed for a cuddle when alarm goes off in the morning, he then follows me downstairs and goes out for a pee, there isnt alot more routine in getting ready then that and that Loki follows me around as I get ready and goes mad if I dont let him get in the shower with me! (he more stands at the other end of the bath and gets sprayed a bit so he can be dried off when I get out, hes obsesed with being towel dried!!)
We leave for work about 8am and I play with him in his pen, then leave him with his breakfast in his kong, I go to my office until about 11 when I spend my break with loki and leave him again after with a stuffed kong or treats in his buster cube and again at dinner time about 1pm I see him for my break, play ball do some training then leave him with treats. At 5pm we go home and he's barking already to go home especially if im held up. We then go for a walk on the way home, if we dont he is awful when we get home barking at the front door! Other than that we have no evening routine and no weekend routine which doesnt seem to bother him at all!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2