View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2013, 06:32 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Wednesday).

Morning everyone. Much cooler this morning here anyway.
Surveyor coming round today so we are taking Dillon on his normal walk then he will go out again with me. Gorden can do the surveyor honours.
He will be here between half nine to half ten not much help to us when we have the dog to worry about.
Our second walk will probably consist of a short trip back round the field and sitting on the bench at the top.
Gorden also has to ring the solicitor to negotiate this up front money, we don't have any its tied up in the house until the sale goes through. There is no spare cash till then or till the end of September when Gorden starts earning again.

Mark, Tracey and the 3 children are all driving to Dorset today for a camping holiday. I hope they get there safe.

It was so busy on here last night and even after reading through I am sorry but can not remember if anyone was under the weather.

I do remember Jenny losing her teeth I hope you have found them. Are they microchipped ? Have you advertised them on a lost teeth site ? I hope they turn up safe and well.

To everyone else hoping you and all pets are well.

Have a safe and happy Wednesday.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

This is my sort of summer day - cooler but sunny I'm off to visit my Mum this morning after I've walked the dogs and will take them with me.

Lynn - Hopefully the survey is just a formality and there are no problems. Enjoy your walks with Dillon .... oooh you'll actually have 'time to sit and stare' on that bench ... enjoy

I hope everyone and their dogs are well See you all around lunchtime.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Morning Lynn and all.
Hope everything with the surveyor goes well Lynn and hope Mark, Tracey and the children have a lovely holiday.

There was tears here yesterday as Charly left. She will never come back to this house again because i won't see them anymore till 9th September and then i will be in the new house. This has been the house Charly spent all her childhood so holds a lot of memories for her.
They left for Pirbright last night and pent the night at their house there. This afternoon they are heading off to their house in devon for a week/10days to sort that out as they may rent it out. they also need to bring the freezer and some other bits back to their Pirbright house.

Long very busy day for me today as I am working 11 hrs, all physical hard work. A friend is coming in at 1pm to let Lily out for a quick wee and to give her some lunch.

Hope you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Morning jenny safe journey to mum. I hope the visit is an enjoyable one.
Morning Bev bl**ey that's along day. Do take care.
Poor Charly getting upset at least she has the holiday to look forward too and hopefully take her mind off it.
Did you find out how the appointment went ?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-08-2013, 07:41 AM

Lynn - fingers crossed for the surveyor and also Gorden's chat with the solicitor so that everything goes swimmingly with the sale of your house and the purchase of the new one.

Safe journey to Mark, Tracey and the children and I hope they have a good holiday.

jenny - I hope you find your Mum well even though as you say she will probably forget your visit once you have gone. I am sure the dogs will have the usual fuss made of them.

Bev - poor Charly - the house you grow up in always has a speial place in your heart. Luckily I was here when Mother sold the family home, bought by my parents when still half built so nobody had ever lived in it before, but when I went back for a visit and wanted to see an old neighbour I could not bear to even look at what was "our" house, knowing someone else was living in it.

How on earth can you be expected to do physical hard work for 11 hours? I really admire the inner strength you seem to find but do wish you could take it easy for a change.

- A quiet night for me with just one "out" for Da Booga, who then let me get nearly another three hours sleep after pill time. The difficulty is keeping her away from my foot as I am now trying the raw honey on the infected wounds on the back and side of my ankle and the top of my foot, as she is convinced that she needs to remove the bandages to investigate the appealing smell!

Have a good day everyone and safe journey to all the travellers.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 07:53 AM

This is just the weather that I like too jenny, lovey and cool.
BevPoor Charly, leaving all those memories but time now to make new ones and she will with all her life ahead of her.
Morning Malka
Lynn, I haven't lost my teef they are just having a little holiday at the dentist
I'm waiting in today for my new fridge freezer I could ring and find out a time but I can't be bothered, I have plenty of things to be getting on with.
FluffHippo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Morning all xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Much cooler and more pleasant here thankfully.

Lynn, hope the survey all goes swimmingly.

Jenny, hope you find your mum is ok and the boys enjoy the extra attention.

Bev, I just don't know how you can work all those hours. You'll crack up if you are not careful, Take care. Sad for Charley to say goodbye to her old home.

Malka, what have you done to your foot now? Sounds nasty whatever it is. Poor Pereg says let me at that honey! Glad you had a quiet night with her apart from her wanting to get at your foot and ankle. Take care.

Steve will be off to France fishing for a week after tomorrow so I shall the place to myself. Means I can clean right through on Saturday, change the sheets on the beds and have a lazy week thereafter. Yippee! It's like having a holiday myself. Have a good day all, God bless.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Morning Nippy and Fluffhippo you snuck in while I was posting have a good day both.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Morning all so far and to follow. Dunno what Jen put in her special JennyColada nightcaps last night but I slept well (but woke up a bit groggy!) Jen and her pal making the most of the pool on her last day before we take Vicki to airport after stopping at our favourite taverna for lunch en route.
Jen's bloke arrives tomorrow evening so we have one day to ourselves.

I'm such a dork that I got the arrival date wrong for my son, new wife and 4 kids. Duh. They will be here in 5 days' time! This has created a 3 night overlap with Jen's bloke - so flat next door will come into play as an extra bedroom.

LYNN
I assume the surveyor is for your buyer? Always a bit nerve wracking but my thoughts are you'd know by now if there was any major probs with the house you live in and these surveyors don't seem very thorough anyway.

JENNY.G
Glad you've got the weather you like and hope the visit to your mum is not traumatic in any way.

MADMARE
Your 11 hour workday would polish me off! I've done it myself but that was many years ago. I pace myself these days.

It is a sad time when children leave the house they 'grew up' in. I remember when leaving Berks for Cornwall with just Jen (Mart away at Uni and Dan already moving in with a pal to be near his job).

So we were in that same situation - boys not being there for the move. Next time they saw their mum it would be in a house they'd never been in.

Mart told me some time later that he used to go to the 'old house' and just stand and look at it - not quite believing it wasn't still 'his house'. Awwww. But saddest time for me re the move was clearing out my attic. All the old infant and junior school books and projects and baby toys. It really dawned on me then that it had been the only 'home' they'd ever known. And even though I'd wanted out of Bracknell for many years and excited to be moving to my beloved Cornwall, I sat and bawled my eyes out!

MALKA
Good grief woman. Infected wounds? What have you done now? At your age, I'm sure they need the attention of a DOCTOR, not home treatment. Anything that becomes ulcerated on your legs (esp. for older people) can end up being very serious indeed.

NIPPY
Here's hoping that the instal of the F/F and the re-instal of the teeth both go smoothly!

The most recent 'erection' I've been involved with (put it up just now) a Holly bed!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »